The Classics

'Dale

Signing ceremony:

As well as the raucous cheers for Boonen, there was, apparently, a smattering of boos for Niki Terpstra, which seems to be a willful misreading of the Gent-Wevelgem contretemps with Peter Sagan last week. I can't imagine Terpstra or Quick-Step are overly concerned...

The Belgiums can be tough on the riders hey..lol

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The world champion Sagan duly arrives at the podium with the Bora-Hansgrohe team and is his usual glib, pre-race self. "It's hard to predict the future. Many people want me to finish on the podium, so I'll try," Sagan says. The crowd cheers.

Saw Sagz's one handed wheelie on the ramp, Gen?

Lol yeah lol.. he is smiling and happy and having fun.. soon it will all be business.

Lekker having the footage when they cross over to the team cars

Excellent new feature

Think Gerald also chirped about it earlier at another race

260km remaining from 260km

The flag drops and immediately a group of six riders featuring Mark McNally (Wanty-Gobert) punches its way off the front. It would be a surprise is the first move stuck, but the sextet has opened a small gap.

250km remaining from 260km

We now have eight riders at the front, as Edward Planckaert (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise) and Andre Looij (Roompot) have caught the leaders. 2:30 the gap to the peloton.

What is the expected finish time? Close to 5PM?

Don't intend on being totally unsociable the whole day, want to watch the last 60 to 90 minutes.