New Road Wheels

bertusras

I just got mavic aksiums at R2500 from cajees, they have sealed bearings and bladed spokes

Edited by Dexter-morgan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got mavic aksiums at R2500 from cajees, they have sealed bearings and bladed spojes

See you on the Trails

Thanks for the headsup, I'll pop in and see what else they have!

Thanks for the headsup, I'll pop in and see what else they have!

I played one branch against the other, was quoted R3200 by Boksburg, R2600 by Alberton and R2500 by Medowdale, Solomons have specials on some Campy wheels as well.

i have Mavic Aksium cheapest and best wheel upgrade you can do. 

Goes very well, and with the cartridge bearings, maintenance is very cheap. 

bertus...I haven't read through every single details you said but I did the same few months ago....

Im a suuuuper Fulcrum fan...always will be ! But I can say this... fulcrum 3 and 5 DO NOT weight as advertise.... I ended up with Fulcrum Quattro 2016 25mm set...

They do weight as advertise and they are super fast...I used a lot of wheelsets before never have I even close been so impressed with "budget wheels" as the fulcrums!!!

Make your own choice but for me the semi aero.. good looks and "solid build" wheels is a must have ! I hit pot holes bumps name them ... nothing happens to them..they run unbelievably smoooooth!

Anyway goodluck in making your choice...I wouldn't be too concerned about a few grams if it comes to that !

Fulcrum Racing 3 @ R7999 (down from R8500) weighing 1555g

I got myself some of these recently and I recommend them.  

Go to CRC and they'll cost you about R5700 (including VAT).  Because they're so big they'll arrive by courier even if you choose the cheapest (free) delivery option.

I just got the Irwin IAW 30's and I love them. They roll forever and I feel much safer descending. they feel more solid under me. Increased my descending speed quite a bit. Awesome service from Eugene. Check them out at least.

I just got the Irwin IAW 30's and I love them. They roll forever and I feel much safer descending. they feel more solid under me. Increased my descending speed quite a bit. Awesome service from Eugene. Check them out at least.

Did you pay the listed price on the website? I'm not really considering them as they are way out of my budget.

I'm going to check out the second hand Ultegra wheels tonight, perhaps that's a good stop-gap until I can decide whether I deserve a proper set of wheels.

Did you pay the listed price on the website? I'm not really considering them as they are way out of my budget.

I'm going to check out the second hand Ultegra wheels tonight, perhaps that's a good stop-gap until I can decide whether I deserve a proper set of wheels.

They were on special for R5999 during October I think. The R9k is really worth it!

I see Willemse has Racing 3 for 6999

They were on special for R5999 during October I think. The R9k is really worth it!

I see Willemse has Racing 3 for 6999

R5999 is more attainable, but R9K is too much. Reaching for the Argent wheels was already pushing it, considering I only paid R10K for the bicycle. There are other areas I could be be spending that money.

R5999 is more attainable, but R9K is too much. Reaching for the Argent wheels was already pushing it, considering I only paid R10K for the bicycle. There are other areas I could be be spending that money.

Solomons had a sale on this past Sunday, they had the Argent for R6k, give them a call, see if they will still do them at that price.  Ad was listed on FB, if you don't know anybody there, PM me, i'll give the guys i know a call.

Okay so, here's my final list:

Ultegra (well used, but true) @ R2000

AC Sprint 350 (condition unknown) @ R4700

AC Argent (2015 New) @ R6000

Fulcrum 3 (New) @ R7000

Leaning very heavily towards the Argents, unless the Sprint 350's are in good nick?

Can't fault the decision.

I've been tempted by that Evo deal too.

Always liked AC wheels having had some CR420 and Sprint 350.

Edited by Thomo