Specialized Camber Comp Carbon vs Momsen Vipa 2

rolypolly

Please assist with advice, am looking at purchasing a new soft tail and am stuck between the either the specialized camber carbon comp or the new momsen vipa 2.

Am heading more towards the Momsen so any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

The geometry of these two bikes are quite different. The Vipa is more XC orientated where the Camber is a little slacker with more suspension travel. So if you are more interested in XC, rather get the Giant ????

Personally, Camber for the win!

Please assist with advice, am looking at purchasing a new soft tail and am stuck between the either the specialized camber carbon comp or the new momsen vipa 2.

Am heading more towards the Momsen so any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Soft tail is a different bike it's a full suspension and go for the Camber.

If you are dropping that amount of cash on a bicycle, you really ought to learn the difference between a soft tail and a dual suspension bike. 

Depends on your riding style, or what you like to ride as, IMHO; these two bikes are quite different - just go compare geometries and you'll see what I mean.

For what it's worth - I'd go for the Camber as it is a well balanced trail-XC capable bike (a do-it-all Toyota Hilux if you like). Vipa is more XC focused (a purebred race intended machine).

Buddy of mine had a Camber Comp on loan this past weekend. Helluva piece of kit...

Depends on your interests, if you want a pure XC racing machine then go for the Momsen. If you want to have some fun while you are out on the rides go for a Spez. 

Personally I would choose the Camber - you can cover an amazing amount of ground as it still leans towards an XC bike more than trail, and you can do it in comfort, and have fun while you are at it. No brainer in my opinion...

Just as everyone says, these bikes are quite different. My take would be to go for the Camber because a Camber can do what a Viper does well far better than a Viper can do what Camber does well.

Just as everyone says, these bikes are quite different. My take would be to go for the Camber because a Camber can do what a Viper does well far better than a Viper can do what Camber does well.

That actually does make a lot of sense. What's the price of a 2017 Camber?

Camber all the way.Too many stories about bad Warrenties with Momsen.

Momsen lately are choosing to repair broken frames instead of replacing.

I used to have an Anthem 29'er, and really enjoyed it, but the current models are a bit outdated.

I currently have a Camber with a dropper seatpost, and really like it as an all day every day bike with 120mm travel and stable geometry. But it's not great value for money, nor is it a cross country racing whippet.

The Vipa is a short travel racing bike. Not really comparable to a Camber.

Why don't you consider the new Scott Spark?

Vipa probably compares more to an Epic being more XC orientated. Talked a mate into changing his Epic for a Camber and he is loving it! Like Muddymike said, Camber can do what Vipa can do but not the other way around. Personally I would go for a Pyga, but then I am biased!

look at service cost. parts with new bike ext. momsen can run a 120mm if i am not mistaken. 

is the camber full carbon? check wheels as standard and brakes 

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

The camber comes with sram Gx components and shimano brakes. As where the Momsen comes with full XT through out.

Camber is a vary nice bike just the components offered could be a lot better for the price. That's why I considered the Momsen.

My 2c on a first hand experience having switched from an Epic Comp Carbon to a Camber Comp Carbon 2 weeks ago.

Disclaimer: I'm not a pro, nor a racing snake. I play on the trails and do an occasional stage race, 24hour event, and even Argus.

Reason and conditions for replacing the Epic were-

Epic is a speed & efficiency machine, but I found it lacking on rougher trails. Requirements for replacement were to find a bike which almost as quick and nimble as an XC-type bike, but combines proper trail capability too.

First impression as a new Camber owner:

Simple - should have bought the Camber to start with 3x years ago instead of the Epic. Camber feels light, not much slower than Epic etc BUT it is noticeably more comfortable in suspension and geometry, and eats up the trails.

If you're a recreational rider who wants a multi-purpose weapon for proper playing in comfort, and if the VIPA is more like the Epic, then the Camber is your baby.

I have no first hand experience on the VIPA nor Anthem mentioned earlier - so take my comments as hearsay.