failed scam attempt - Apollo khuzwayo - ama steels

G-J

SOMEone should corner him and/or his accomplices live on the handover and do something about him!  What a jackass this person is...

Here's what I would do.

Write R 5000.00 on the black board under " School Fees" and move on. Your laptop and cash are gone. It happens. If you keep on it's going to eat you, he's good at what he does just like you're good at what you do. Do your thing, hope someday he slips up and someone else blows his knee caps off, that way you stay out of trouble. Its only money and lets be honest it's not enough to put you out in the street?

But that's just what I would do.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks Like I have the same situation.

A "Godfrey" contacted me also AMA Construction.

Sent me a payment notification via sms, but I'm not getting my actual proof of payment from the Standard bank.

He told me that they would like to collect at 6pm at easgate. As their team is leaving for polokwane.

Thanks for your post, it just confirms my relictance to release the bike before I see the money in my account.

Take 5 mates and trap the driver and his friends....  take a reservist with....

Persuade him to identify the top boy....

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is at any point looking for someone's postal/physical address details I can trace him with his Id nr or cell nr there is a cost involved though of about a R100 if he has rica'd or has a registered adrress. This has to be a legitimate request though like theft or fraud etc. Not just someone who wants to get even with his/her ex.

FYI

The same person, from AMA Steel, tried to buy my brother-in-law's motorbike about 2 weeks ago.  Luckily he was savvy enough to demand to see the transfer reflect in his account first.  

I wouldn't even let a R50 item go, before  the cash reflects in my account, why are people letting their bikes ,etc. go before seeing the cash?

I wouldn't even let a R50 item go, before  the cash reflects in my account, why are people letting their bikes ,etc. go before seeing the cash?

Some people are just like that.  The last car, and two motorbikes that I've bought the owners were happy for me to take it before seeing the money in their account.  In actual fact, for both of the bikes they let me take them without even paying and said "just do an EFT when you get home"  :eek:

All separate people who I have no connection to .

• 3 weeks later...

Take 5 mates and trap the driver and his friends....  take a reservist with....

Persuade him to identify the top boy....

Hi can you please contact me this guy scammed me as well and owes me R8000!!!

Hi can you please contact me this guy scammed me as well and owes me R8000!!!

Kiss that R8000 good bye. School fees.

Some people are just like that.  The last car, and two motorbikes that I've bought the owners were happy for me to take it before seeing the money in their account.  In actual fact, for both of the bikes they let me take them without even paying and said "just do an EFT when you get home"  :eek:

All separate people who I have no connection to .

Yah, most people are trusting, sometimes to their detriment. Here people are very trusting, you could rip them off without batting an eye, the other day I bought some shellfish, soles and flounder at the fresh fish market locally,only to find his card machine was down, I was about to go look for an autoteller and he just said heres my bank details, take it and when you get home just do a transfer. This was for a little over $500.00 Canadian, not a fortune but fairly substantial for a small market keeper.

Of course I immediately did the transfer and called him to say its done, he thanked me but I dont think it ever even entered his mind I would not pay him.

Its just the way it is.

Archived