[Event] Bouckaert Soenen Paarl Road Race

Paarl Rotary

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say that Shameeg won't miss that step in the future.

He's just signed up for the red jersey.

Hope there's more success to come.

Will be the first to sign on next weekend, thats for sure :P

Bit embarrassing forgetting to sign on... .

According to FB he is new to league so was unaware of it. The team won nonetheless.

Edited by Cippo

I see almost 1000 cyclist getting a time on race tec - well done (PPA)  for having a road race. Where on the PPA calendar do you see 1000 cyclist timed at a MTB event. Remember the Cape Town MTB challenge is not on the PPA calendar!

PPA should start doing what the majority of their active members want them to do. - road cycling.

I see almost 1000 cyclist getting a time on race tec - well done (PPA) for having a road race. Where on the PPA calendar do you see 1000 cyclist timed at a MTB event. Remember the Cape Town MTB challenge is not on the PPA calendar!

PPA should start doing what the majority of their active members want them to do. - road cycling.

That's good subscription ????????

Just an observation: The PPA marshal at the start explained the rules very well to the league riders. Still numerous VC, VB and probably VA riders hitched a free ride with the A batch to potentially get away from their bunch or to catch up with their bunch.

I just don't understand why you even sign up to ride league if you have zero regard for the rules anyway. This is cheating plain and simple.

I am not a league rider but started in A batch and this was just something I observed. Did not have any impact on my race but probably on the honest riders in their league groups

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Looking at the results there's a huge difference between the speed that the winners of the 72 did (32kmph) and the winners of the 124 (38kmph). 

Is it always like that?

Looking at the results there's a huge difference between the speed that the winners of the 72 did (32kmph) and the winners of the 124 (38kmph). 

Is it always like that?

Yup, all the people that are able to average 38km/h do the long distance.

Just an observation: The PPA marshal at the start explained the rules very well to the league riders. Still numerous VC, VB and probably VA riders hitched a free ride with the A batch to potentially get away from their bunch or to catch up with their bunch.

I just don't understand why you even sign up to ride league if you have zero regard for the rules anyway. This is cheating plain and simple.

I am not a league rider but started in A batch and this was just something I observed. Did not have any impact on my race but probably on the honest riders in their league groups

This happened last year as well, we caught the leaders of some of the racing cat's and some would sit out of the wind, but not in the paceline. When someone pointed this out he very politely moved over a bit further and did drop off. 

The best behaved in terms of not jumping on the back of the unseeded groups were the juniors I found. 

Just an observation: The PPA marshal at the start explained the rules very well to the league riders. Still numerous VC, VB and probably VA riders hitched a free ride with the A batch to potentially get away from their bunch or to catch up with their bunch.

Season after season, Jaco'