Gandalf

I'm leading on Strava ;)

It takes a while for the body to get used to consecutive days of riding... when I started I was exhausted by the end of the week... 2 years + later I did 1,500km in 63 hrs (mainly mtbike) in April and rode every day of the month.

Commuting has helped my training and racing a lot - we finished 29th on GC at Sani2c and 3rd mixed.

I hope the roasties aren't too bad Bateleur1!

Are you talking about the BikeHub club on Strava?

I have all  of a sudden gone from one commute a week to 3 and more.  Must say body is taking a beating, not so much in fatigue but I think the diet is not support the extra milage.  Will have to increase my protein intake I think.

I am commuting longer distances in SA and I am most certainly stronger than I was for a very very long time.  It is still early season but could manage a little TT over 30 km the other day with an avg of 36.  Never been able to do that on my own before.

Luckily no roasties as such as the service I hit was this artificial wood (pvc) type stuff, so luckily no tar.  Just the ego I left in the river ;)  Thanks in anyway.  :thumbup:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed you're aiming for that 6 ... was just too tired from last week to do anything about it. Hopefully back by tomorrow.

You should take all the rest you need  :whistling:

Today is my 23rd day of commuting since 4 April 2017.

Total distance is 736kms.

Tomorrow is my last day of commuting as my head office moves to new premises which is 1 km from my new home.

From Monday I walk to work.

Today is my 23rd day of commuting since 4 April 2017.

Total distance is 736kms.

Tomorrow is my last day of commuting as my head office moves to new premises which is 1 km from my new home.

From Monday I walk to work.

Thats was almost every single day with the number of public holidays ?

Awesome ride with my colleague this morning.  He lives in the same town as I am and he joined me this morning for a MTB commute to work.  Nice relaxed pace along the Isar river and forested areas into Munich with beautifull sunshine.

Thats was almost every single day with the number of public holidays ?

That's correct.

After driving through from eMalahleni to Jet Park 3-4 times a week for the past 18 months it has been fun to let my car rest while my bike and my legs did some work.

The actual commute route is not very taxing as there is only about 125m ascent on each leg and none of the hills are long/steep enough to regret using my SS

My wife works from home so she has been riding the morning leg with me

Mine varies between 22 and 25km one depending on route. Summer route is 25km and winter route is 22km. Climbing is between 200m and 300m per trip.

I'm between 26 and 46 one way, depending whether I go via town ... or cross under M5

What bikes does everyone ride as the commute bike?

Road bike in good weather and if I go tar all the way or MTB for bad weather or if I take the more scenic route to work.

What bikes does everyone ride as the commute bike?

I use an old 26" HT GT. Full XT components(except brakes are plain deore), Reflective tape on the cranks, Decent lights front and rear. Maxxis crossmarks on for good mileage as most of my commute is road/pavement(bricked) and the odd dirt pathway, had rolf prima wheels on but that junk cracked so now on some heavier wtb rims with DTswiss hubs. I am still running a 3x9 setup but once it is totally shot i'll upgrade to something newer as getting 3x9 spares is getting difficult.

Archived