Gandalf

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cat-i, I see the 2000 mark is waving at you.  Well done.  :thumbup:

I want to like this i really do, but......

Cat-i, I see the 2000 mark is waving at you.  Well done.  :thumbup:

It's slower going if I don't ride with Nancy. Hopefully we'll both get to our respective 1000's by the end of next week  :thumbup:

Riding in to work this morning in the rain and wind made the cycle rather interesting here in the Cape. :) 

Riding in to work this morning in the rain and wind made the cycle rather interesting here in the Cape. :)

Thursday mornings I get a lift into town ... but I will be cycling home .... recon I need to start declining the lifts so I can claw back my mileage to catch you :P

yes ... had the North-western breeze behind me this morning .... now for the cycle home against it .. ;)  

yes ... had the North-western breeze behind me this morning .... now for the cycle home against it .. ;)  

Good news is the wind is meant to turn SW this afternoon

What time did you leave home?

I left home at 05:51 in the middle of the rain. When i got to work an hour later, it had all but stopped raining.  :clap:

What time did you leave home?

I left home at 05:51 in the middle of the rain. When i got to work an hour later, it had all but stopped raining.  :clap:

I left Obs around 7:20am .... stopped raining by the time I got to the N7 ..... and then just very wet roads up to Tygervalley ... But with the wind from behind it really made the ride a lot warmer .... I was wet, but not too cold.  :) 

I left Obs around 7:20am .... stopped raining by the time I got to the N7 ..... and then just very wet roads up to Tygervalley ... But with the wind from behind it really made the ride a lot warmer .... I was wet, but not too cold.  :)

I rode Durbanville to Century City so had a head wind. :)

Hoping this afternoon a tail wind. 7:20am is a nice time to ride. almost sunrise.  :whistling:

I am riding with the night creatures.

Do any of you use mud guards at all?

Had to find a temp solution till I can find a decent set of full guards, so bought a "ass saver" type rear guard from Sportsmans for R35.00, and it seems to do the trick!

Do any of you use mud guards at all?

Had to find a temp solution till I can find a decent set of full guards, so bought a "ass saver" type rear guard from Sportsmans for R35.00, and it seems to do the trick!

My MTB is my wet weather bike fitted with removable mud guards.  If things don't look good I use the MTB.

I rode Durbanville to Century City so had a head wind. :)

Hoping this afternoon a tail wind. 7:20am is a nice time to ride. almost sunrise.  :whistling:

I am riding with the night creatures.

was late this morning though ... usual time is before 7 .... trying for 6:30 .. and then summer will try for 5:45, or maybe earlier..... I enjoy the quieter road earlier ... where you have the road to yourself to challenge the strava segments :devil: 

Still need to get mudguards. But will definitely do that. The amount of water that the tyres sprays is madness. Makes the feet wetter than just the rain. 

Archived