Fire Ocean View (Cape Town) we need your help

Slowbee

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we eventually gather in for the brave fire fighters?

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Myles,

Is it time to start another collection for the guys fighting the fires on Devil's Peak?

This season of arson seems never-ending.

It'll go to the same guys, so if you want to, by all means carry on and I'll keep a tab on it. We're waiting to hear back from ASG and a couple others re pricing on items, and then will purchase. Most likely late this week / early next. 

Probably energy bars and such, given the shelf life and stowability not to mention need for instant access to food. If each fighter has 2 bars on them per shift, it'll go a long way to ensuring proper nutrition given the circumstances. 

I didn't follow these fire threads and other related news closely, but what is it with these fires in/ near Cape Town.

I've heard there was yet another one on Table Mountain last night. It can't be a coincidence, can it? :thumbdown:  :cursing:

Myself and a buddy are going to be doing an Everest Challenge on Red Hill this weekend to try to raise funds for VWS.

All are welcome to join in for as many laps as you would like - come and help us relieve the boredom, and lets get some more cash in for VWS!

Banking details please!

It'll go to the same guys, so if you want to, by all means carry on and I'll keep a tab on it. We're waiting to hear back from ASG and a couple others re pricing on items, and then will purchase. Most likely late this week / early next.

Probably energy bars and such, given the shelf life and stowability not to mention need for instant access to food. If each fighter has 2 bars on them per shift, it'll go a long way to ensuring proper nutrition given the circumstances.

Same banking details as previously I would imagine Myles?

Myself and a buddy are going to be doing an Everest Challenge on Red Hill this weekend to try to raise funds for VWS.

All are welcome to join in for as many laps as you would like - come and help us relieve the boredom, and lets get some more cash in for VWS!

All the best guys ...

and you will have some company .... Its also Redhill Marathon the day .. so lots of runners will be there for most of the morning ... 

will look out for you when im there .... and there is a few cyclist that do that crazy thing called running ....

All the best guys ...

and you will have some company .... Its also Redhill Marathon the day .. so lots of runners will be there for most of the morning ... 

will look out for you when im there .... and there is a few cyclist that do that crazy thing called running ....

Oh damn!  I didn't know that!  That's the problem with deciding to do this yesterday and not looking into anything...

Is the road going to be closed?