Winner of the day!

Jaco Steyn

I rode the 40km distance of the Century Electrical road race in Vanderbijlpark this morning. And as always, an awesome, well organised race!

After most of the 80km riders finished, the prize giving and lucky draw started. There also were two distances for the youngesters which was a 4km race and a 500m event for the kiddies on their kick scooters assisted by their parents.

According to me, the biggest winner of the day came from one of the young boys which took part in the 4km distance race. The winner was anounced, but honorable mention was made of the kid that came in the 4th place. He was leading the race, but the cyclist which was in second position at the time fell, and the boy leading the race stopped, walked back to help the one that has fallen up and back on his bike, and on his way again. Because of his act of unshelfishness, he unfortunately only managed to get 4th place.

But, in my eyes and I suppose all of the people at the prize giving, he was the biggest winner of the day! He has done himself and his parents proud.

Archived