Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

Also afterwards was very thankful for going dual suss and not HT

Once I did think, here we go, death-by-hardtail today it is!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A day for racing turned into a prep for 94.7. Pile-up down ou-wapad left my rear shifter broken off at the handlebar mounting. Front brake Rotor bent as well, but I moered it with a klip into some kind of submission. Rode for 80 km against my front brakes (Chi-chi-chi). Was lucky to find some helpful people at the bridge on the R62 who had cable-ties in the car. That somewhat secured my front-shifter in a rudimentary way. Needless to say, pedaling against brakes left me cramping at the 85km mark, like the was no tomorrow. A very hard race for me. But... I finished.. and I will be back.  

I need to thank the rider that picked up 25km from the end that my front skewer was not "locked" anymore, don't want to even think what would have happened if that thing fell out with all the bumps and stuff.

Also did new top speed for gravel road (69.1km/h) ;)

Once I did think, here we go, death-by-hardtail today it is!

I have been cycling for roughly 9 years. Had a 26er HT for the first 6 and a 29er HT since.

Have not ridden a DS. Not even a quick 100m on a friend's bike.

Ignorance is bliss....

I have been cycling for roughly 9 years. Had a 26er HT for the first 6 and a 29er HT since.

Have not ridden a DS. Not even a quick 100m on a friend's bike.

Ignorance is bliss....

:D

Yes agree, was on hardtail as well, no problems. The roads were in great shape the only concern was the loose gravel on the bends of the downhills, bit skittish...great race!!

Funny how often the Jetline photographs don't resemble the mean "pro-racer look" we have of ourselves in our minds - must be something wrong with their lenses

What are you talking about? They take awesome action "pro-racer look" photos and charge you R77 for them  :clap:

post-38519-0-79642500-1506504798_thumb.jpg

Lekker windgat !

What are you talking about? They take awesome action "pro-racer look" photos and charge you R77 for them :clap:

attachicon.gifDSC_0076.JPG

Lekker windgat !

Holy sshitt, you upgraded your sneakers

A day for racing turned into a prep for 94.7. Pile-up down ou-wapad left my rear shifter broken off at the handlebar mounting. Front brake Rotor bent as well, but I moered it with a klip into some kind of submission. Rode for 80 km against my front brakes (Chi-chi-chi). Was lucky to find some helpful people at the bridge on the R62 who had cable-ties in the car. That somewhat secured my front-shifter in a rudimentary way. Needless to say, pedaling against brakes left me cramping at the 85km mark, like the was no tomorrow. A very hard race for me. But... I finished.. and I will be back.

Well done on that.. i started cramping on 60km with a perfect bike....

What are you talking about? They take awesome action "pro-racer look" photos and charge you R77 for them  :clap:

attachicon.gifDSC_0076.JPG

Lekker windgat !

Hope you didn't carry that wheelie for too long!  Last year I wheelied down the finish and over all the timing mats and my chip didn't register and I got no time  :ph34r:

Ja, took my old Asics this time, the cheap Pepstores ones have holes in the soles.

It's not holes...... It's strategic weight shedding

Hope you didn't carry that wheelie for too long!  Last year I wheelied down the finish and over all the timing mats and my chip didn't register and I got no time  :ph34r:

I always save my wheelie for after the mats  ^_^

Also afterwards was very thankful for going dual suss and not HT

At about 80km I was out off ideas how to sit as my lower back was moertoe on the ht. Done 4 k2c on ht and this was the first time I got beaten up on it. Last year was on a fs bike and I will probably stick to the fs for k2c.

You get used to HT if you ride it long enough. DS just seems like a lot of maintenance and most of them have this creaking noise. I like my bikes to be stealthy, keeping one wheel in the air helps with that.

You get used to HT if you ride it long enough. DS just seems like a lot of maintenance and most of them have this creaking noise. I like my bikes to be stealthy, keeping one wheel in the air helps with that.

Love my hardtail, not one DS could stay with me on the decends this year, it's all about bike handling.

Archived