Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

Love my hardtail, not one DS could stay with me on the decends this year, it's all about bike handling.

I love to debunk the myth that cycling is expensive. My bike was less than R10k and I opt for cheap yet durable parts. It can be done if you keep things simple.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to debunk the myth that cycling is expensive. My bike was less than R10k and I opt for cheap yet durable parts. It can be done if you keep things simple.

And getting 10 000km on a set of Crossmarks.

:thumbup:  home made slicks. I'm quite happy with how my cheapie Innova Transformers handled at 3 bar. 

Is that how you got them high speeds on the downhill?  

3 bar on tyres? Wow....I usually ride hard but did not think about doing it here.

Maybe had too much respect for those tight corners on downhill (i drove up the previous day so was forewarned). It was my first K2C.

I rode 1.9bar front and back on low tread. Did 71.6km/h on way down to De Vlught. Simola managed 76.2. On a DS....no more HT for me thx.

Overall usually not an event for me (prefer single track fun), but must say i rather enjoyed the event: ascents weren't too bad and downhills were a thrill for sure. So might be back...but definitely do Dr Evil Classic again before. Just hope we can get more single track there too. Lovely area.

Agreed, lovely ride and definitely doing it again in 2018! You got me and my friend in image 4! :-D

Ha, brilliant!!

Also saw the two on Prince Alfred pass. Hope they are OK? At my age limbs grow back much slower so I ride slower, thanks to all that over took me safely.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Had my own Mother of All tumble bottom of pass at about 34 kilos. Managed to finish, but with quite a bit discomfort. Broke Ulna close to wrist in left hand and damaged ligaments in right shoulder. Not torn but sonar shows some bleeding. Was my 4th and cant wait for nr 5.

Had my own Mother of All tumble bottom of pass at about 34 kilos. Managed to finish, but with quite a bit discomfort. Broke Ulna close to wrist in left hand and damaged ligaments in right shoulder. Not torn but sonar shows some bleeding. Was my 4th and cant wait for nr 5.

Hectic. Well done for finishing and good luck with the recovery.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody watch the K2C highlights on SS8 last night?

Don't have ss8 at home or at work.

Any feedback