• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seventy Five Rondt. 

Thanks, Myles! Where can I pick one up?

I just got off the phone with TBNP and they told me that they don't offer day passes just yet for this section of the park.

Anyone know anything about the single track that starts from the Kloof Nek parking lot and parallels Camps Bay Drive all the way over to Bakoven? I see it on the Table Mountain National Parks mtb trail maps (https://www.sanparks.org/assets/docs/parks_table_mountain/mtb-route-maps.pdf) - is it worth riding? Where is the trail head, exactly? Gonna try explore it a bit tomorrow.

That's called the pipe track. As far as I know it's not open to mtbers. It'll have a couple of hike a bike sections. Awesome trail to run. Not so sure about riding it though. Edited by PhilipV

Thanks, Myles! Where can I pick one up?

In Tokai... It's really not well set up for the day tripper, I must say. If you're only going to do one trip a year, then it's okay. But if you're doing more than 7 trips a year, then I'd suggest getting the annual pass. 

If you've got 3 mates that also want to get in on the action, the price goes down if you buy together. R 500 for the first and then R 250 for every additional person. Works out to R 286p/p for 4 people... 

That's called the pipe track. As far as I know it's not open to mtbers. It'll have a couple of hike a bike sections. Awesome trail to run. Not so sure about riding it though.

It is in fact part of the new MTB routes and will be opened in due course. As far as I remember, it has not been opened because some work needed to be done on the trail. It will have some tricky bits but is relatively flat and will be an out and back route if I recall.