Need advice! Getting screwed by local hubber

Tom wells

I was thinking I should post so I can buy stuff then moan about about and create some drama, seems like drama rules here.

Oh look I posted. 999 to go [emoji322]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hello Gazza! Welcome dude!

Stick around, post 999 more times and the community will get to 'know' you're a real person and depending on the quality of your posts, figure out the integrity of you as a person and then go out of their way to accommodate you when you want to use the classifieds section. That's kinda how communities work!

:thumbup:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking I should post so I can buy stuff then moan about about and create some drama, seems like drama rules here.

No no no! you have gone about this all wrong. Your first post is supposed to be complaining about bad service from a bike shop.

Once that is out of the way you get get moaned at for not using the search function after posting something looking for help.

After all of that is done you get issues with a pitchfork and burning torch and are ready to start contributing to the hub.

:D

No no no! you have gone about this all wrong. Your first post is supposed to be complaining about bad service from a bike shop.

Once that is out of the way you get get moaned at for not using the search function after posting something looking for help.

After all of that is done you get issues with a pitchfork and burning torch and are ready to start contributing to the hub.

:D

My bad. Will get it right next time. Now where to get my bike serviced so I can have a justified complaint [emoji57]

Thanks for the welcome @Tubehunter

Ok I've derailed this thread enough, off to the other threads I go.

My bad. Will get it right next time. Now where to get my bike serviced so I can have a justified complaint [emoji57]

Thanks for the welcome @Tubehunter

Ok I've derailed this thread enough, off to the other threads I go.

Do a search for terrible service...

You'll find a good recipe for Koeksisters...

Do a search for terrible service...

You'll find a good recipe for Koeksisters...

then just copy past...

Welcome !!

Rouxtjie must be your mentor?

I am only on 360 posts. I am untrustworthy.

No not untrustworthy - just non-existent.

I am also edging closer to my magic 1000. but the real question is whether this matter got to a resolution also now?

I am also edging closer to my magic 1000. but the real question is whether this matter got to a resolution also now?

Yep, OP is having it machined to take the 11speed cassette at minimal cost, now that he knows this is an option that others have successfully done on other wheels without any issue.

VERY TRUE!!! Left like 20 something ratings already, got 5 in return...

Pikey, what exactly do you do to get 60+ratings?

VERY TRUE!!! Left like 20 something ratings already, got 5 in return...Pikey, what exactly do you do to get 60+ratings?

he's a bike-riding magpie.  Seriously. Goes through bikes & goodies faster than a Thai ladyboy goes through rectums.

uuuummmm ...um test ,lose money,get bored,think there is the one bike,eeerrrr lose money,race them,build it up better ,lose money . And so it carries on. But have been good for the last 6 months .... Anybody want to buy a mobile crane ??? ????????

.... :ph34r:  just kidding could not resist my previous post but this thread has grown arms and legs and is walking on its own now... :offtopic:  :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

he's a bike-riding magpie. 

Seriously. Goes through bikes & goodies faster than a Thai ladyboy goes through rectums. 

Look we're not saying he's a bike slut or anything ..... it's just that if Pikey's bike room had a vagina, it's password would be "password"  :whistling:

Look we're not saying he's a bike slut or anything ..... it's just that if Pikey's bike room had a vagina, it's password would be "password"  :whistling:

cough cough my bike room has other ppl's bike stuff in there for safe hiding oops sorry mean keeping ????....yea Boris

#juatsaying

I am not trustworthy - even known to ride without a helmet!

Bikehub classified deals are about TRUST within a "community" - The buyer trusts that the goods is as they are advertised, and the seller trust the money in the bank to be good.

And what supports this trust is that the transaction happens between two parties who share the same passion and frequents the same "place".

If you advertised an article for sale and it is not what it is, then you broke that trust and it is your moral duty to sort it out - period.

The lesson the seller should have learned is:

1) Describe the goods for exactly what they are - the fact that someone somewhere managed a n 11 speed cassette on a 10speed hub does not make it an 11 speed.

2) DONT SELL ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE, unless you are prepared to shoulder any backwash from the deal...

Creeping back under my rock....

stef

I am not trustworthy - even known to ride without a helmet!

Bikehub classified deals are about TRUST within a "community" - The buyer trusts that the goods is as they are advertised, and the seller trust the money in the bank to be good.

And what supports this trust is that the transaction happens between two parties who share the same passion and frequents the same "place".

If you advertised an article for sale and it is not what it is, then you broke that trust and it is your moral duty to sort it out - period.

The lesson the seller should have learned is:

1) Describe the goods for exactly what they are - the fact that someone somewhere managed a n 11 speed cassette on a 10speed hub does not make it an 11 speed.

2) DONT SELL ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE, unless you are prepared to shoulder any backwash from the deal...

Creeping back under my rock....

stef

Pretty straightforward truth, I still feel there should be some recourse against the seller.  Not against his mate, he's the one who advertised so he should take full responsibility

Pretty straightforward truth, I still feel there should be some recourse against the seller. Not against his mate, he's the one who advertised so he should take full responsibility

There has been recourse... His hub cred is long gone...

His friends will have to sell his stuff...

Archived