Need advice! Getting screwed by local hubber

Tom wells

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. Dude, I personally think they both handled it badly.

I had an experience late last year with a buyer in a different province.

Someone advertised something I said I would take it and pay for it later as I was overseas. He said he would keep it for me.

I day or two later I got around to it and paid him.

Then he could not find the item, it must have been mislaid by his domestic worker, but said he would reimburse if he could not find it.

A few days pass, and no real response then he says that he would refund me.

Then he PMs me and said he found it and would send it when he had a moment.

A few days pass and he sends me a postnet tracking number.

Two days later I pick it up and it is just as he described the item.

At no stage did either of us get concerned because both of us had been on the Hub for a few years and had many more than 1000 posts. Although we had never met, we knew enough about each other  to believe that it would be OK, and it was. 

And that is why Rouxkies rule rules.

Someone advertised something I said I would take it and pay for it later as I was overseas. He said he would keep it for me.

Then he could not find the item, it must have been mislaid by his domestic worker, but said he would reimburse if he could not find it.

At no stage did either of us get concerned because both of us had been on the Hub for a few years and had many more than 1000 posts. Although we had never met, we knew enough about each other  to believe that it would be OK, and it was. 

Exactly. 

Reputation, bro. 

Exactly. 

Reputation, bro. 

+1

Plenty good guys out there, but just a handful of sneaky buggers taking chances

It really does make things so much easier.

Rouxtjie's rule seems to be iron clad. 

But... it filters out pretty much all the best deals I've had on bikehub.

Ever trade on Carbonite?

They have a pretty good iTrader rating system.

Despite this they also have a stickied sub-forum for bad deals.

I just checked and it has 165 threads with over 9000 posts.

I guess threads like these will inevitably pop up.

When they do. I'll be around for jury duty. 

I purchased a wheelset from a hubber last year that was in a different Provence to me . I took the chance that the seller was legit and all was upfront . The wheelset arrived on time and exactly as promised. All was good and well untill that evening .

Of course the Very first thing I wanted to do when arriving home that eve was fit my new carbon wheels ( the Mrs was not impressed) The wheelset came with a cassette already installed. Tried to remove the cassette to fit my current one only to find the freehub body was badly chewed by the existing cassette . I really battled to remove the cogs as they were proper stuck . Heart sank straight away as this was not what I had bargained for..

Contacted the seller straight away who was unaware of the problem. After a brief discussion he offered to refund me the cost of a replacement freehub or give me a full refund if I sent them back . I decided to return the set at my cost and the seller refunded in full .

That's how how honest people conduct themselves . There are good people here . Sadly there are some rotten apples too . Seller this is your mistake, Yes two weeks have passed , but he's not climbing they damaged or something he may have done to them . You did not deliver what you advertised . It's as good as not delivering at all and spending his money . Do the honest thing and #paybackthemoney

Wait what is it Wednesday ??

F*CK I was sure its Friday :ph34r:  :ph34r:

lol .. not yet .. we only on 201 posts on this thread and 13 pages .... when this gets to 500 posts and 30 pages .. we can start too get ready for the weekend .... .. 

202 posts now  :ph34r:

It really does make things so much easier.

Rouxtjie's rule seems to be iron clad. 

But... it filters out pretty much all the best deals I've had on bikehub.

Ever trade on Carbonite?

They have a pretty good iTrader rating system.

Despite this they also have a stickied sub-forum for bad deals.

I just checked and it has 165 threads with over 9000 posts.

I guess threads like these will inevitably pop up.

When they do. I'll be around for jury duty. 

However, not everyone uses the rating system. I've given 15 ratings to people for transactions, how many did I get back? Three. Hardly seems fair.

Admin! We need a system where your rating doesn't reflect if you didn't rate the other party, or something.

Edit: To contribute to the original topic. Why should the OP bear the onus to check if something is as advertised? That's just dumb. I've also bought things that I didn't check immediately, it happens. There's no direct visual indication in this case, unless you're some eagle eyed cyclist. It's not like he was sold a red balloon and got a green one.

Edit: 70 posts until I'm allegedly a safe trader  :rolleyes:

By the bye, what ever happened to Rouxtjie? I haven't seen him around thehub for ages now?

Good Question. Possibly having a beer with Dipslick? Haven't HEARD FROM HIM FOR A WHILE EITHER.

Good Question. Possibly having a beer with Dipslick? Haven't HEARD FROM HIM FOR A WHILE EITHER.

LOL, thats true. HE HAS ALSO BEEN STRANGELY QUIET.

I have bough plenty on the hub i give every seller a good rating but out of maybe 35 deals only two return ratings ppl dont use this and i think it is very important to see past dealings and outcomes

Archived