For anyone looking to buy a Garmin device

GhostSixFour

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Wanted one for so long, just no cash!

Does anyone know - Garmin uses Garmin Connect. Can I export my activity to Strava??

Does anyone know - Garmin uses Garmin Connect. Can I export my activity to Strava??

Yes, it pulls through automatically.\..

I run a garmin forerunner ... From Strava I just open the garmin folder on my pc  once the activity has downloaded and import it to Strava...works perfectly . A mate of mine had a equipment down so it didn't record his ride as we did exactly the same ride,,,i just sent him the file he popped it into his strave dashboard no problem.

Yes.  

Garmin Express - Export activity in GPX format on to PC

Strava - Upload activity - choose file.

Viola!

If your Garmin has bluetooth and you have a phone with bluetooth and Garmin connect/strava they communicate with each other. No need to do it manually. Boom

Thanks for this. Pulling the trigger on the Vivoactive. 

Poephol. Dis die een wat ek wou hê!

If you snooze you lose... :unsure: :unsure:

Any use in getting the Forerunner 10 then? I only see "running" everywhere, and I only run when something is chasing me...

Edited by Belgarath

Not too late. Seems you need to log in with to your bank via Pay-U, which requires your card number, pin and password. That's a bit dodgy

Hi all, I'm a Garmin Business Partner, if you are looking for anything Garmin eg. Automotive, Marine, Aviation, Health and Fitness etc please give me an opportunity to quote

I upload to Garmin connect (BT from my phone straight after a ride) and from there automatically to Strava/Endomondo and Vitality. Before I had a BT Garmin I just did it via my PC with Garmin Express but same process from Connect.

Not too late. Seems you need to log in with to your bank via Pay-U, which requires your card number, pin and password. That's a bit dodgy

PIN and Password?? Marra why?

Sorry, i-pay, not pay-u, but I still don't trust it :/

Flip. Tried now, somebody else beat me to it.

Any use in getting the Forerunner 10 then? I only see "running" everywhere, and I only run when something is chasing me...

Thanks for the link! I went for the Forerunner 225 - I'll decide later if I give it or my current TomTom to my wife. Either way, she'll appreciate not having to wear the chest strap.

Edit: appears to be even less suited for cycling than the Tomtom Runner 2, so wifey's it will be.

Edited by HdB

I have purchased from them before, quick n easy free delivery, 2 days later for an item that only cost R108

Thanks again for the TIP, I got myself the forerunner 225, got confirmation of the payment and order

Edited by Dexter-morgan