What is the PPA doing?

Patchelicious

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't the PPA engage with the BikeHub, run surveys here etc etc.

Saying that you are looking at what other nations do for solutions, doesn't mean those solutions will work here.

We have our own unique challenges, and Hubber can be a most invaluable source of information.

One gets the feeling that if they really truly wanted to make a REAL difference, you would notice it.

Why do you say that?

http://www.hpepublichealth.ca/sites/default/files/3%20feet%20sign%20NEW.png

So in your opinion a sign like this, on roads frequented by cyclists, is a waste of time and money!?

Have those signs been put up?

Why doesn't the PPA engage with the BikeHub, run surveys here etc etc.

Saying that you are looking at what other nations do for solutions, doesn't mean those solutions will work here.

We have our own unique challenges, and Hubber can be a most invaluable source of information.

One gets the feeling that if they really truly wanted to make a REAL difference, you would notice it.

I recall at the last AGM they mentioned the Hub in passing and got the impression they made a conscious decision not to engage on this forum.

I recall at the last AGM they mentioned the Hub in passing and got the impression they made a conscious decision not to engage on this forum.

In that case I think they are being ignorant.

I have yet to see a survey land up in my inbox directly from them either.

Perhaps some sort of protest/disruption in the their beloved CTCT will get their attention......

Edited by Patchelicious

Have those signs been put up?

Nope, not that I have seen. But I'm quite sure they will make an impact, especially on Chappies and other high cycling traffic areas.

Signs like this will also work.

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/118366/375998305/stock-photo-a-cycling-safety-sign-on-the-side-of-the-road-in-tasmania-australia-cycling-in-tasmania-is-a-375998305.jpg

Nope, not that I have seen. But I'm quite sure they will make an impact, especially on Chappies and other high cycling traffic areas.

Signs like this will also work.

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/118366/375998305/stock-photo-a-cycling-safety-sign-on-the-side-of-the-road-in-tasmania-australia-cycling-in-tasmania-is-a-375998305.jpg

I think they will too.

Fact that they haven't been put up is the issue.

Wonder how many signs R3,5m could buy?

Why only 'what is PPA doing'? What about CSA? I see quite a bit of what PPA does (admittedly, I am based in Cape Town), but from my perspective, I see nothing coming out of CSA.

Why only 'what is PPA doing'? What about CSA? I see quite a bit of what PPA does (admittedly, I am based in Cape Town), but from my perspective, I see nothing coming out of CSA.

Start a thread about the CSA then, they need to help too. I am not going to fight all the fights on behalf of everybody, you want answers, ask the questions.

In that case I think they are being ignorant.

I have yet to see a survey land up in my inbox directly from them either.

Perhaps some sort of protest/disruption in the their beloved CTCT will get their attention......

I would prefer them to engage on thehub but I do have sympathy for their stance. PPA threads usually turn toxic very soon. Thehub sometimes has a bit of a negative perception in the cycling community as a place where people just go to moan & complain.

If one really has an issue you want to raise with them you can always contact them directly.

I would prefer them to engage on thehub but I do have sympathy for their stance. PPA threads usually turn toxic very soon. Thehub sometimes has a bit of a negative perception in the cycling community as a place where people just go to moan & complain.

If one really has an issue you want to raise with them you can always contact them directly.

You need to ask yourself why?

Thread title topic still stands.

What are they actually doing about road safety? Right now?

Very little, as far as I'm concerned.

They should be a lot more vocal after incidents like these. Use their clout (if they have any left) lobby the City Of Cape Town, "harass" Alan Winde (or whoever the Minister of Transport for the WC is), do something so that you can be seen and heard that you carry the well being of all cyclists in your heart.

A letter from CEO to PPA members is not good enough, or acceptable anymore.

You need to ask yourself why?

No, but I also don't think the hub is always the best place to try and resolve these issues.