Financing a ride

Jaco-fiets

For those wanting to go the finance way, just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Service from Bikelife is great when you signing up and pay your deposit, but thats were it ends. They dont reply to emails and absolutely no customer service. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those wanting to go the finance way, just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Service from Bikelife is great when you signing up and pay your deposit, but thats were it ends. They dont reply to emails and absolutely no customer service. 

Been doing some homework and it looks like Wesbank is probably best. Might even go with them in a couple of months

Yikes ????

By definition you finance something because you cannot afford it....

That is usually the case, but not always.  I know people who can definitely afford certain items, but choose to finance for other reasons, such as tax implications.

That is usually the case, but not always. I know people who can definitely afford certain items, but choose to finance for other reasons, such as tax implications.

I highly doubt that tax avoidance is the primary driver for bicycle finance. Edited by Patchelicious

Like cars and houses.... And businesses. And commercial property.

You know what I meant. But apologies, I forgot the Hub works in absolutes where corporate financing is the same as buying a bicycle on credit.... Edited by Patchelicious

I'm not looking to argue here.

If you want spend your money servicing debts, then do so, it not my or anybody on the Hubs place to tell you what to do with your money. ( well in the case BikeLife or Wesbanks money ) That's your financials advisors job.

Edited by Patchelicious

You know what I meant. But apologies, I forgot the Hub works in absolutes where corporate financing is the same as buying a bicycle on credit....

???????????? obviously.

I reckon if the rate is good enough and the repayments are affordable then why not. It's not as if you're entering into a credit agreement with Lewis stores.

I highly doubt that tax avoidance is the primary driver for bicycle finance.

My apologies.  That is not what I meant.  I thought your comment was a general comment about finance and affordability, not specifically related to bicycles.  I don't know of anyone financing bicycles for that purpose.