The Return of the ST-R 29 Hardtail? Steel Is Real!

henningvr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

snip

thinking about building one of these as a rigid grinder for longer rides....but I need some more reviews/ info.

at 1/3 the price of an imported steel frame..are they worth it? t

Are momsen updating these frames for 2019 and should i wait?

Also...​...gauging size on momsen's bikes' is like trying to figure out the meaning of life while calculating the mass of the sun using an abacus and smarties. 

any input would be nice..especially from the guys who have these

thinking about building one of these as a rigid grinder for longer rides....but I need some more reviews/ info.

at 1/3 the price of an imported steel frame..are they worth it? t

Are momsen updating these frames for 2019 and should i wait?

Also...​...gauging size on momsen's bikes' is like trying to figure out the meaning of life while calculating the mass of the sun using an abacus and smarties. 

any input would be nice..especially from the guys who have these

My mate is riding the previous version. Unbreakable.

If I didn't have an on-one already, I would be on these quicker than a fat kid on free fudge.

Still have a thought in the back of my head to build a HT enduro bike with one of these frames.

i have sold my xco bike . and got my self the 2018 momsen str. what a great bike set it up for enduro. 130mm travel fox. hope tech enduro rims . and a lekker 125 dropper . and some wtb 2.4 rubber

i love this bike . and i love how responsive the bike is. will not sell it for anything

maybe thinking of going 150mm on the fork?

i have sold my xco bike . and got my self the 2018 momsen str. what a great bike set it up for enduro. 130mm travel fox. hope tech enduro rims . and a lekker 125 dropper . and some wtb 2.4 rubber

i love this bike . and i love how responsive the bike is. will not sell it for anything

maybe thinking of going 150mm on the fork?

Pics???

How you going to go 150 on the fork? with an angleset?

Which WTB you having there, and dealer?

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Pics???

How you going to go 150 on the fork? with an angleset?

Which WTB you having there, and dealer?

I have a 140mm Pike on mine and the geometry is fine.

was thinking of then running a bit more sag on the fork . so it should be fine . it is speced to go up to 140mm fork

will post some pics when i am home

Edited by hendrich

cool...whats the clearance like for tires? i see 29" 2.4 seems to fit fine... any chance of fitting plus sized 650b's in there? would just like to know what the options are...especially as I am looking at a rigid bike so the little extra tire volume would be nice. Not looking to spend crazy money on a susp fork that probably wont be used that much for what this will be used.

I have a 140mm Pike on mine and the geometry is fine.

I still need to make an arrangement at some point to meet up with you to swing a leg over that bike if you don't mind .... dying to see how it feels geo wise with a 140mm fork.

cool...whats the clearance like for tires? i see 29" 2.4 seems to fit fine... any chance of fitting plus sized 650b's in there? would just like to know what the options are...especially as I am looking at a rigid bike so the little extra tire volume would be nice. Not looking to spend crazy money on a susp fork that probably wont be used that much for what this will be used.

Having evil thoughts of using my 650b wheels with the 160mm DVO on my STR frame