The Return of the ST-R 29 Hardtail? Steel Is Real!

henningvr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the price point will be?

They hit the market with V1 dirt cheap.

It will be quite interesting to see how they play it.

He's too busy stressing over parts to give any feedback. But since we here. He wants to slap on his carbon rigid fork. Can someone please talk some sense into him.

Howzit skollie! Say, this is no place for your #enduro #downhill tendencies :P

He's too busy stressing over parts to give any feedback. But since we here. He wants to slap on his carbon rigid fork. Can someone please talk some sense into him.

No parts list yet  :whistling: ... big collaboration swinging in to life that will ultimately determine the build kit as far as i understand :w00t:  Keep them eyes on social media in the upcoming weeks is all im saying  :ph34r:   

As for the frame, its B E A U T I F U L   :wub:  

I just hope its an improvement on the first ones. Not that they bad, could have been better.

I look forward to seeing them!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Why - seems like the right thing to do to me..

He's building a commuter to replace his existing one. Daily use on some tarmac, jeep track and some short single track between where he lives and where he works. So yes. A rigid is ideal. Except he started chasing koms during his commute... Snapped his frame hanger and destroyed his derailleur. I know him. He's gonna ride that thing the same way he does his AM bike. At some point he will forget he has no suspension and push that fork within an inch of its life. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fork will hold up.

Its just such a stunning frame to own. A Revelation would do it far more justice in my book, or if a decent 120mm Reba popped up I would opt for that over the rigid. Build the bike up so that when he wakes up on a Sunday morning for some proper shredding. He might just opt to take to Momsen instead.

Edited by popcorn_skollie