Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I did the Puy de Dome on Sat morning and found it somewhat easier than the Col d'Aspin... or maybe I'm just learning to pace myself better and keep some water inside my body 😊

Nice, hoping to give it a go tomorrow. 👌

On 7/3/2023 at 10:23 AM, mecheng89 said:

Good morning, Zwifters.

Has anyone tried to do a workout while riding with a pace partner? I don't think, depending on the zone/w/kg you're riding in, you'll stick around the entire ride, but i feel like it's a wasted sweatdrops, XP, and distance opportunity.

Tx

Confirmed that this is not possible. Neither is doing a workout during an event. 

What is possible, however, is doing a workout IN ONE PROGRAM (not in Zwift, controllable ON), and the group ride/event in Zwift (CONTROLLABLE OFF).

Need some advice around Zwift settings:

Power estimation mode (Classic vs zPower) - do not quite understand. I am using a Kick v5 - thus smart trainer with all the goodies built in. Do I select zPower? 

Power display - 3 secs vs Instant - How does one choose? 

Tx in advance. 

9 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Need some advice around Zwift settings:

Power estimation mode (Classic vs zPower) - do not quite understand. I am using a Kick v5 - thus smart trainer with all the goodies built in. Do I select zPower? 

Power display - 3 secs vs Instant - How does one choose? 

Tx in advance. 

ZPower is for non-smart trainers. It estimated your power from your cadence sensor. So pick Classic.

Power display - 3 seconds is sufficient. Instant just means it your power instanly, versus every 3 seconds. Just less data overload. 

I use an Elite Suito and it defaults to ZPower once you specify the trainer you're using and it won't allow me to change it to Classic. Any ideas on why or how to change this?

I've notice some races don't allow you to race if you're using zPower.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Puy de Dome last night, as part of my threshold workout, and ran out of road with 5 minutes left of the 3rd (of 4) intervals. Wahoo app to the rescue, to control my trainer, allowed me to finish the workout on the downhill and then in the France world. Quality over entertainment.

Looks like I have to do Cote de Trebiac today, as it's the only one showing. It's enough for me to be able to tick the challenge box and move along; it's not something special that will cause sleepless nights if I skip it. Will then teleport to one of the Robo Partners to finish my planned endurance ride.

• 2 months later...

Just me or is current Zwift Tour of Watopia somewhat "under marketed". I cannot even find stage info on their website. Other than signing up - I cannot get more detailled info on actual stages. Also - searching for Stage 1 via events is difficult between all the other clutter of all events. It used to be possible on the Tour Web page itself to easily navigate all scheduled stages specific to Tour and book one quickly. Looking between all events, seems there is a Stage repeat every 2 hrs only? Or am I just missing something? 

• 4 months later...