scubes

Hi.

I want/need a good bell on my bike to shoo people out the way when on a public path  :w00t:

But I cannot find one. I need/want a brass striker on a brass bell so it sounds like a bell and not a plastic toy.

Specialized sells one for R160 which is fine but they never have stock and when I went into a Concept Store asking for a brass bell and that only, I got a really weird look.

Bikebells.co.za has a nice black brass bell for R900 which is way too nice of a price for me to pay for this.

Does anyone have one they don't need and would like to sell on? Or where can I find one?

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/accessories/specialized-brass-bell/106200

http://www.bikebells.co.za/products/black-bell

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy the spur cycles one and support small business... one of the easiest R500 ive spent and worth every cent! 

Just me or at these prices we are talking about a bell to just ding ding for people to get out the way? I'd rather shout loudly ....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Just me or at these prices we are talking about a bell to just ding ding for people to get out the way? I'd rather shout loudly ....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

I don't drink or smoke, I spend my money on bike sheeet... if that means a R500 bell made in a small workshop in the USA that's cool. They've done something cool and I appreciate it! 

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be ordering a copy of the spur cycle bell looks awesome the black one

Rather buy something else then, supporting the counterfeit market is a shitty thing to do. 

Verbal communication has always worked for me ....I just drop someone if they start ringing their bell behind me.

Nothing that pisses me off more :cursing:

Well I haven't been able to find the spur bell for 500. I would consider that yes. But 900 for a bell I'll pass.

Rather buy something else then, supporting the counterfeit market is a shitty thing to do.

Verbal communication has always worked for me ....I just drop someone if they start ringing their bell behind me.

Nothing that pisses me off more :cursing:

Generally not for other riders, more for walkers etc with headphones half on etc... 

Generally not for other riders, more for walkers etc with headphones half on etc... 

If they can hear the bell they can hear me talk 

If they can hear the bell they can hear me talk 

These bells are pretty loud and piercing! But ya, I dont like to shout.. so I rather ring! 

its a bike bell dude I think the patent (and variant patents) on those ran about 150 years ago

a bell is a bell is a bell anyone can make em  ^_^

Archived