Slicks on a MTB?

go4

While on this subject have any of you guys put your mtb on a stationery trainer with slicks on the back and if so what was the result

While on this subject have any of you guys put your mtb on a stationery trainer with slicks on the back and if so what was the result

If a trainer specific tyre can be classified as a slick , i have my mtb on the idt with no problems.... ( or is it to early for me ?)

If the current set up is knoblies with tubes then yes. If its tubeless then I would not bother and just ride as is. 

I put slicks on after the mtb event last week for the cycle tour , noticeable improvement in road riding. Just feels a bit hard . New PR on all regular road segments on Strava

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished putting the slicks on my lady's bike, with some sealant just to give a bit of extra protection. for 27.5 wheels there is not a large selection of tires and tubes. 

Done the Argus with both knobbies and slicks.  This year (my 10th) is first time on a road bike.

Slicks for sure.  

If he needs 650b - I have two from last year's Argus and 3 tubes.  1.4 I think they are.  Seriously, like R200 and they're his.

Done the Argus with both knobbies and slicks.  This year (my 10th) is first time on a road bike.

Slicks for sure.  

If he needs 650b - I have two from last year's Argus and 3 tubes.  1.4 I think they are.  Seriously, like R200 and they're his.

lol it is a "her" thanks, already picked up the only ones they have at cwc, looks real skinny on the mtb bike think it will still be better than the knobbies

i just love the sound of knobblies on the tar ....

scares the living **** out a peloton if you can stay put  :whistling:

sounds like a bunch of bumble-bees ..., 

Archived