Death by a thousand lashes - 1st Sky whistleblower

carbon29er

So some rider takes vitamins, on his own, without his team knowing, and now I am supposed to vilify them and put them in the same box as Postal, Astana the Russians....?

I will gladly vilify Sky and Froome etc if they had similar evidence agaisnt them like Valverde, or have a history of blatant doping like Astana, or employed sanctioned dopers like Trek....

Not exactly. It was reported to the team. They skyped him. He denied it. They did not investigate further and failed report it although there was an obligation to.

2 weeks later they released him. Citing other reasons.

It all goes to the whole transparency thing.  We know AC, AV et al are dopers, they don't hide behind a virginal pure veil.

At every turn DB is being shown to be one of the best bull**** artists in cycling.  In the past 6 months every time his mouth has moved he's told another lie.

That's why the title is death by a thousand lashes. Too many negative stories that are all given airtime as the façade slowly crumbles.

Unfortunately standing up in parliament and denying a crises as the CC hands down a damning verdict is pretty much what it has looked like at Sky since the Fancy Bears did their bit and then someone on the inside spilt the beans about the jiffy bag. It has made for a great off season.

And Sky just cannot find the proof to quash the stories coming out. Amazing that for a team built on detail.

You do forget that Sky employed some of the biggest dopers from the previous generation: Barry, Rodgers, Yates, De Jongh, Jullich and the BEAST of them all Leinders. And Knaven is still there.

What we have found out in the past 6 months is that cycling has not changed. Wiggins has proven you climb faster because you dope have dodgy TUEs. Not because you sleep on your own mattress or pillows or drink pineapple water or have your own washing machine at the race.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story is not Edmondson...just in case you missed that.

Its hardly a story... just in case you missed that.

BBC is becoming more and more like a French newspaper.

Difference is the French they turn a blind eye toward their own riders and go after the foreigners.

Brits are nailing their own. As if SKY don't have enough trouble finishing a race without urine, spit and poo fling-ed at them. 

I love how humans selectively make mountains out of mole hills that support their opinions. ????

If this dude "took vitamins" while at any other WT team, I wonder if it would have even made the news??

Not exactly. It was reported to the team. They skyped him. He denied it. They did not investigate further and failed report it although there was an obligation to.

It all goes to the whole transparency thing. We know AC, AV et al are dopers, they don't hide behind a virginal pure veil.

At every turn DB is being shown to be one of the best bull**** artists in cycling. In the past 6 months every time his mouth has moved he's told another lie.

That's why the title is death by a thousand lashes. Too many negative stories that are all given airtime as the façade slowly crumbles.

Unfortunately standing up in parliament and denying a crises as the CC hands down a damning verdict is pretty much what it has looked like at Sky since the Fancy Bears did their bit and then someone on the inside spilt the beans about the jiffy bag. It has made for a great off season.

And Sky just cannot find the proof to quash the stories coming out. Amazing that for a team built on detail.

You do forget that Sky employed some of the biggest dopers from the previous generation: Barry, Rodgers, Yates, De Jongh, Jullich and the BEAST of them all Leinders. And Knaven is still there.

What we have found out in the past 6 months is that cycling has not changed. Wiggins has proven you climb faster because you dope have dodgy TUEs. Not because you sleep on your own mattress or pillows or drink pineapple water or have your own washing machine at the race.

I really wish your passion to expose extended beyond just the PPA and SKY....

It all goes to the whole transparency thing. We know AC, AV et al are dopers, they don't hide behind a virginal pure veil.

At every turn DB is being shown to be one of the best bull**** artists in cycling. In the past 6 months every time his mouth has moved he's told another lie.

He he he

Of the last 6 months scandals never came out, we could've believed Sky didn't report it because they were concerned about the kid's mental health.. we would still have said oh dear that is being dodge but we wouldn't have paid that much attention to it..now not so much. Perhaps the same reason Edmonson only spoke about it now.

If you are connected to Sky, it is possible to make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Next they will say that in 2016 Rapha used needles when making the SKY kit. Obviously contravening the no needles policy. Rapha will say they were under pressure to perform and wanted the 2017 contract and their prit stick just wasnt working.

Not really sure that contravening the UCI "no needle" policy and then not reporting it is a "mountain out of a molehill"...by the team that swears high and low by the same policy...smells more like a cover-up to me.

Of course, i forgot, the laptop with all the medical information "got stolen".  All forgiven then.

Patch you yourself have said many times that you never really followed pro cycling until recently..some of us have been around following cycling through all the drama and scandals for a long long time.. it is why when we hear dodge stories we don't seem to fall or buy the explanations, been said here so many times before, we have really heard it all before. We have seen the signs we chose to explain it away and in the end of the day all those little rumours all the little insignificant dodge but legal doings all made up the huge scandals.[emoji53]

Show me a target! 

Maybe I should change the site for my blogs on the brazen robbery by the national executive. Make it easier to find.

Storm in a Teacup...

Headline could just as well have been: Former Sky Rider in a moment of desperation almost injected himself with vitamins  :eek: 

Holy $#*T Batman! Burn them all down!!!!!!! :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

The problem is that it is a slippery slope.

They say they were "just vitamins", who is to say there was not something a little more active slipped in. The no injections rule is there for a reason.

I reckon most of us know Sky aren't clean, or at the very least have some secret weapon... but this is just a little more smoke quite frankly. Barely a puff.

Even if we take the riders version as 100% accurate, you have a depressed rider attempting to inject himself with vitamins and having taking perfectly legal tramadol a long time ago when it was the norm to try keep his performances on par to keep his job and earn a new contract. It's a complete nothing story... Sky would seriously have been shooting themselves in the foot facing a doping enquiry and bad press because a rider on their roster on a whim injected himself with vitamins. If it was drugs it would be a different story, but it wasn't... and that is the riders version. Crikey, I'm going for a Vitamin B jab next week... best they lock me up!

We need that Landis moment. Wiggins it's pretty clear was beating the system, Brailsford quite possibly knew... but are they all on a program? Is it really postal MKII? These are the questions we really want answers too...

Til then... happy Friday

The problem is that it is a slippery slope.

They say they were "just vitamins", who is to say there was not something a little more active slipped in. The no injections rule is there for a reason.

The rider himself, this massive whistle blower, said it was vitamins... why would he lie now?

If it was drugs, that is a whole other story - but we can't just change things to suite our angle.

He was also reported by a team mate - that should also show there is at least a team stance on this stuff...

Show me a target!

Maybe I should change the site for my blogs on the brazen robbery by the national executive. Make it easier to find.

Sure here are a few

AG2R La Mondiale, Astana Pro Team, BMC Racing Team, Cannondale-Drapac, Dimension Data, Etixx-Quick-Step, FDJ, Lotto Soudal, Movistar Team, Orica-BikeExchange, Team Sunweb (ex-Giant-Alpecin), Team Katusha, Team LottoNl-Jumbo, Team Sky, TJ Sport (ex-Lampre-Merida), and Trek-Segafredo

Sure here are a few

AG2R La Mondiale, Astana Pro Team, BMC Racing Team, Cannondale-Drapac, Dimension Data, Etixx-Quick-Step, FDJ, Lotto Soudal, Movistar Team, Orica-BikeExchange, Team Sunweb (ex-Giant-Alpecin), Team Katusha, Team LottoNl-Jumbo, Team Sky, TJ Sport (ex-Lampre-Merida), and Trek-Segafredo

No mountain bike teams? Football teams? Rugby Teams? Athletics stars? Tennis Stars? And don't forget, the dirtiest lot of them all (well statistically speaking at least) - those damn golfers...

Why you picking on the poor roadies!

Nah, none of those are holier than thou. It's boring confirming what we know.

I'm not limited to cycling, my cynicism knows no bounds. That's why I'm a great forensic auditor and a better performance enhancement expert. Not in the sport enhancement sense.

Archived