cyclist down?

Tumbleweed

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm this?

I have browsed all the local websites and can only find the death of a motorcyclist in Bloem. Condolences to his family.

Agreed. My blood went cold when I heard Aki Anastasiou mention that it involved a fatality.

The intersection is just around the corner from my house.

It's amazing that there's been no further news.

I passed the body in the road on Christiaan de Wet on the way to drop my daughter at school. As far as I could see he wasn't a cyclist as we know them - as in from the cycling fraternity - but a man on a bicycle. I know that doesn't make it any sadder though, RIP

oh great, another one dead, who really gives a toss, I mean we just lost 20 or 30 thousand people in a quake and god alone knows how many people in the Hurricane in Burma.

If you didnt know him what does it matter, just ride your bike and make sure you dont die on your couch or writing sh*te on these forums. Now that really would be a crying shame!

It is very sad to hear.

I did not think it noteworthy but seeing this, here goes. On my way to work this morning I passed a cyclist, on the R21 south highway, in full kit ...... at 5h45..... going past OR Tambo airport. This was a real cyclist, the type with no brain. For those that are not yet up at that time, it is still pitch black night at that time.

oh great' date=' another one dead, who really gives a toss, I mean we just lost 20 or 30 thousand people in a quake and god alone knows how many people in the Hurricane in Burma.

If you didnt know him what does it matter, just ride your bike and make sure you dont die on your couch or writing sh*te on these forums. Now that really would be a crying shame!
[/quote']

Serious statement I'd say Agent Orenge. Trust you are feeling some what better after getting that off your chest. You need time out if your are really in the war zone.

oh great' date=' another one dead, who really gives a toss, I mean we just lost 20 or 30 thousand people in a quake and god alone knows how many people in the Hurricane in Burma.

[/quote']

Smile - I get the "Jist" of the post, but maybe a bit "blunt" dont you think.?

[/quote']

Serious statement I'd say Agent Orenge. Trust you are feeling some what better after getting that off your chest. You need time out if your are really in the war zone.

F$uCK dude - Its something you can or should be able 2 relate to - CYCLIST DOWN remember - could have been you if you actually out there cycling

People die all the time in storms ec. , you can't reltate to that so just show some sympathy 4 ........ sake

[/quote']

i see where you are going agent but damn....try and put it a little better.  I don't think I know anyone on the hub personally....but still think it is damn horrible if something happens to any one of us.  show some empathy

No Man.

If some cyclists dies on the road because of a vehicle,to me that could have been avoided and was totally unnecessary.

The 20 - 30k dead was a natural disaster - its two different things - dont even try compare them.

It is very sad to hear.

I did not think it noteworthy but seeing this' date=' here goes. On my way to work this morning I passed a cyclist, on the R21 south highway, in full kit ...... at 5h45..... going past OR Tambo airport. This was a real cyclist, the type with no brain. For those that are not yet up at that time, it is still pitch black night at that time.
[/quote']

I think each and every one of us has been up at that time at least twice in the pursuit of race fitness. Difference is, the PROPER guys have lights, because we know that things like this DO happen, and we want to prevent it from happening to us.

Saying that, if someone is riding without care (no helmet; no lights before sunrise etc) it is going to happen to them sooner. Not later. So either kit up, or get off. What's an extra couple of grand in exchange for your life? 

But I must add that drivers have a responsibility to DRIVE SAFELY, and avoid these "accidents" that happen too often for our liking.

If we have lights and the right kit, the least we can ask for is responsible drivers not intent on making the roads a real-time mortuary.

[/quote']

if it happened to you, i would miss you?like i would miss a venereal disease.

I think you got the replies that you wanted Agent Orenge, now take two of the blue pills and lie down for a while. smiley21.gif

Pity agent orenge (Sic) is so poorly educated he misspells is own name.  It is O-R-A-N-G-E.  Note the A.  THat is the third letter of the word orange.

I appeal to all of you to make yourselves as visible out there as possible.

Switch on those front & rear lights. Not only when its dark, but during the day as well and wear bright colored kit.

It does not help moaning & bitching about safety when we do not take the appropriate steps to make as more visible out there. And remember to adhere to the rules of the road!!

GOD keep you all safe out there!!