cyclist down?

Tumbleweed

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. i got one of reporters to check, but our morning staff are pretty useless. will post when i know more.

i am indeed. the copy has required me to development a keen understanding of swahili, jabberwocky and klingon. no, it's shocking. requires tons of panelbeating, cutting, rewriting?oh, the woeful tale of a copytaster? 

the youth just cannot write today' date=' and no sense of history or world events[/quote']

too true. i remember a couple years back when sapa flashed an urgent advisory that wally hayward had died. i went to brief a reporter (no name, but he's faily prolific) - in the absence of a newsdesk. i said: "wally hayward has died?"

"who?"came the reply.

i explained who the popular runner was and said: "anyway, we need you to get some quotes from prominent runners. here's bruce fordyce's cell number?"

"who?"came the reply?

the youth just cannot write today' date=' and no sense of history or world events[/quote']

too true. i remember a couple years back when sapa flashed an urgent advisory that wally hayward had died. i went to brief a reporter (no name, but he's faily prolific) - in the absence of a newsdesk. i said: "wally hayward has died?"

"who?"came the reply.

i explained who the popular runner was and said: "anyway, we need you to get some quotes from prominent runners. here's bruce fordyce's cell number?"

"who?"came the reply?

EINA!!!!!  One of 2 things, plain stupid or EXTREMELY ignorant!

ewep2008-05-19 23:41:03

Can anyone confirm this?

I have browsed all the local websites and can only find the death of a motorcyclist in Bloem. Condolences to his family.