CWC Online: Our daily specials!

CWC Online

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tip to all our clients. I have spoken to 2 wholesalers today regarding some deals for Black Friday and both have said that they will have to lift their prices due to the rand loosing against the $us, Euro and pound.

Rand is R 14.53 / dollar, R 16.96 / the euro and  R 18.98 against the pound.

Take advantage of our special deals while we can still afford keeping it low.

• 1 month later...

Hi CWC

Any special days coming up soon? I have a few needs from your online shop....

12th of January, just after Black Friday, Christmas and Boxing Day sales... I like where your head's at! :)

A tip to all our clients. I have spoken to 2 wholesalers today regarding some deals for Black Friday and both have said that they will have to lift their prices due to the rand loosing against the $us, Euro and pound.

Rand is R 14.53 / dollar, R 16.96 / the euro and  R 18.98 against the pound.

Take advantage of our special deals while we can still afford keeping it low.

Have you got any word from wholesalers on pricing coming down again? R 12.39 / dollar, R 14.92 / euro

Have you got any word from wholesalers on pricing coming down again? R 12.39 / dollar, R 14.92 / euro

That's crazy talk.  We all know it' a one way street - only goes up  regardless of downward shifts :-)

:clap:  Nice one!

Rand vs dollar is back to 2015 levels. The wholesalers must reduce their pricing. Yes fixed costs has increased since 2015 by +- 7% per year but now that the variable costs have come down it can be passed on to us, who keep their doors open. 

Come on CWC, please tell them to lower it for the good of their business....

On this note I see the bike manufacturers are now going the same route as Mondelez, Nestle and ABI. All giving us less for more. Models that came with XT last year are now coming with SLX with increased pricing. A 100g Bar One is now 90 grams, with pricing increased by 10%. So we lose 20%. 500ml Coke/Fanta/Etc are now 440ml with pricing increased by 15%. 2l ice cream are now 1.8l with pricing the same.

Guys, shipments come in certain prices.

The amounts can only come down when the new shipment with the lower exchange came in. And even then, you need to see what is left from the older stock (which cost more).

A costing exercise needs to happen after every shipment.

That's crazy talk.  We all know it' a one way street - only goes up  regardless of downward shifts :-)

Haha, it often seems that way.

Historically, CWC's pricing has been on the sharp end. I'm hoping we'll see some savings passed onto the consumer with the new shipments. At least on some of the stuff that they are importing directly, where there's more control. *Fingers cross*

Of course, this is all assuming there will be some steadiness in the Rand.  :unsure:

I asked about CWC they've been awfully quiet since black Friday, i missed the festive deals on here. Was there any?

Guys, shipments come in certain prices.

The amounts can only come down when the new shipment with the lower exchange came in. And even then, you need to see what is left from the older stock (which cost more).

A costing exercise needs to happen after every shipment.

I hear you - all of the above is spot on.

That said, as soon as there is a spike in the rand  prices seem to go up.  There is none of the above of waiting for next shipment and clearing out of old stuff etc.  

It's probably not the case - but that's how it feels to me though...

Dude!! This is South Africa... Where exchange rate fluctuations affect OLD stock... then again, we're not used to this kind of improvement... but as others have said, don't expect prices to go down. ever. #sillytalk

• 3 weeks later...

Dude!! This is South Africa... Where exchange rate fluctuations affect OLD stock... then again, we're not used to this kind of improvement... but as others have said, don't expect prices to go down. ever. #sillytalk

the copper price has come down...dropped from 70 to 65 per kg...which resulted in me only getting R710 for shiny bright at the scrap yard ;)

Archived