Stolen: Specialized Venge Sworks 2013 (Cape Town)

SGCycle

Mikkelz, luckily I was sent those pics last night and my first instinct was to see on the hub if it was a stolen bike. Nobody is going to sell a Venge like that for R10K just like that. I got hold of Shaheed and we managed to find the guy that hopefully has the bike still. Last msg Shaheed sent me was that this guy is in denial. Told him that the police might be able to refresh his memory if he is in denial.

Why cross question the guy thats trying to do good as if he is a suspect?

Chill, I wanted to know how he got photos of the stolen bike, which looked like it was in the process of being stripped.

And if you'll see, I edited my post as I wasn't aware this bike was stolen back in April and the photos appeared yesterday.

Mikkelz, luckily I was sent those pics last night and my first instinct was to see on the hub if it was a stolen bike. Nobody is going to sell a Venge like that for R10K just like that. I got hold of Shaheed and we managed to find the guy that hopefully has the bike still. Last msg Shaheed sent me was that this guy is in denial. Told him that the police might be able to refresh his memory if he is in denial.

That's awesome, nice work!

Remember that our law is that one can not sell something that does not belong to you .

So if this " seller " did " buy " it the " sale " to him is invalid and he is in unlawfull posession of the item so the owner may take it without paying.

Hello all

Thanks for the comments and concern.  With Halfmoon's help I was able to track the source of the pictures and the person who was selling the bike. I obtained his telephone number and contacted him.  He (obviously) denied any knowledge of the bike and having advertised it.  This was a blatant lie, as I had screenshots of the communications where he was making it clear the bike was "hot".  He is a guy that lives in Kensington and works as cabinet maker and dabbles with bike mechanics part time.  He was stripping the bike and offered the frame to potential buyers for R10K.

I then proceeded to take the pics he posted, the screenshots and the bike serial number to the SAPS.  SAPS have promised to investigate, in fact the police office has been in touch with me twice over the last two days.

The guys had clearly moved the bike by the time i spoke to him as he was quite cocky on the telephone.  He invited me to come and inspect his place and "if i even find a single screw related to my bike, he would compensate me".  Ya right!!

I hope this guy is deterred and others dealing with him are deterred as well. 

Thanks again half-moon for your bringing it to my attention.