Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove down there in the car today and was shaking around like crazy. Going up it's going to be a tough one with the poor road condition added in.

It is a horrible climb because of the road surface.  I like to stand and climb and there you have to sit to keep traction.

Similar to Happy Valley in the old OFM classic maybe a bit longer.

Will definitely be there if it happens.

Will need to start training though, Last race was Ride4Sight.

Enough time time to get some intensity in the legs though.

Really hoping this thing turns out successful. Would be nice to have a race I can get to from my home, without a car.

Think I'll do the 60. Not keen on the boring N4 part, although it will probably go quite quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be a very interesting climb.

I sure hope there is a new KOM after the race. - PING Spinnekop

Still think the guy who did it in that time 2:22 held on the a car or something.

I'll be there ONLY for the Stravas.  hehhehehehe

Glad to have another race in Gauteng with full road closure and its within riding distance from my house... Entered for the long one

I do think that ASG or COT needs to start advertising the road closures. I do not see it anywhere or hear it on the radio. A couple of years ago there was a race from Silver Oakes in Silverlakes and the motorist were furious cause no one knew about. The race never happened again....

I do think that ASG or COT needs to start advertising the road closures. I do not see it anywhere or hear it on the radio. A couple of years ago there was a race from Silver Oakes in Silverlakes and the motorist were furious cause no one knew about. The race never happened again....

Yes they do but lets face it, have you ever listend to the radio and seen the people on the 94.7.  After weeks of media reports people still get the moer in.

Entering this weekend. Going to be a busy few weeks, what with the Satellite (my seeding race of choice), Mac Steel, this and the 947 so close to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a Full Road Closure and I will make a plan to be there.

Amashova: Entered

Tshwane: Entered

947: Entered

I rode Tom Jenkins for the first time today.

There is no easy way to say this, it sucks big time!

I am pretty sure that I will not be able to do that climb come raceday. I barely made it today, on fresh legs!

Probably great for a strategic reason in a pro race, but for the average rider this is their one chance to emulate Chris Froome on Mont Ventoux.

9.2% over 800m is no joke! According to Strava it has sections touching 20%,sounds about right.

post-27827-0-09544600-1500820426_thumb.jpg

I rode Tom Jenkins for the first time today.

There is no easy way to say this, it sucks big time!

I am pretty sure that I will not be able to do that climb come raceday. I barely made it today, on fresh legs!

Probably great for a strategic reason in a pro race, but for the average rider this is their one chance to emulate Chris Froome on Mont Ventoux.

9.2% over 800m is no joke! According to Strava it has sections touching 20%,sounds about right.

Voortrekker and Tom Jenkins are going to tear the groups to shreds. Considering you hit Voortrekker nearly 80km in, it's gonna hurt. My plan - suck wheel for 79km, threshold up the climb, suck more wheel (whatever is left after the climb), try my best up TJ, cry over Freedom Park, and then maybe throw up a little after the finish line.

Voortrekker and Tom Jenkins are going to tear the groups to shreds. Considering you hit Voortrekker nearly 80km in, it's gonna hurt. My plan - suck wheel for 79km, threshold up the climb, suck more wheel (whatever is left after the climb), try my best up TJ, cry over Freedom Park, and then maybe throw up a little after the finish line.

yip, 2 short but seriously steep climbs.

I wonder how far apart the long and short distance riders will start. There will be a lot of walkers up these climbs and it can cause a bit of frustration if the long distance guys want to create a break up those climbs and are held up by walkers. especially TJ is rather narrow comparing to Wonderboompoort.

I assume the front starting groups will be there before the short route riders, but the later start groups will definitely go up there with short route riders.

Looking forward to this race and I really hope it gets enough support to become a permanent fixture.

kudos and a big thank you to ASG and COT for the full road closure.

Archived