Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

ASG might have experience organizing events, but full road closure is not something they have done before.

Some of the action points for full road closure are outstanding, hence the reason the sanctioning hasn’t been finalised yet.

If worst came to worst it could be a partial road closure event. There would be bitching and screaming from the hoards but such is life.

Just hate to see anyone compared to the L'etape crowd, they really set the benchmark for "useless".

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASG might have experience organizing events, but full road closure is not something they have done before.

Some of the action points for full road closure are outstanding, hence the reason the sanctioning hasn’t been finalised yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think they are going to get a LOT of flack from the people living North. 

The route basically cuts of the main (and only 1 of 2) road for people trying to travel to the city.

Not clever IMO.

post-25-0-58084800-1508507180_thumb.jpg

Sooo.... we are about 9 days out from the start and I have not heard much from the organizers. Usually the bigger events would have sent you an sms with some info by now...

Does anybody have some insight into the organisation of this event? Are there still some outstanding issues?

Sooo.... we are about 9 days out from the start and I have not heard much from the organizers. Usually the bigger events would have sent you an sms with some info by now...

Does anybody have some insight into the organisation of this event? Are there still some outstanding issues?

I have had quite a few emails with regard to the event in the last week or so

Thanks, seems like I will have to check to confirm my contact details because I have not received any communication.

Looking forward to ride around Snor-city with a lekker group of cyclists.

Thanks, seems like I will have to check to confirm my contact details because I have not received any communication.

Looking forward to ride around Snor-city with a lekker group of cyclists.

Check you Spam folder, ASG send so often google sometimes throws there emails in there

Just received another one now about Danish Embassy getting involved with the race.... check your details or spam folder

Personally I think they are going to get a LOT of flack from the people living North. 

The route basically cuts of the main (and only 1 of 2) road for people trying to travel to the city.

Not clever IMO.

And this is my biggest thing. The route effectively closes down PTA and this is not going to go down well with the general community. 

We will have to see how the community accepts this, as they have the power. I love that they are trying to get this going, there are just a few things that  gripe me.

1. The route is not practical for full road closure, for 8 to 10 hours of the day, but it is creative.

2. They have it on the same day as a few other races, all of which are fighting for their spot pre 947. If they want to make this as big as the 947, are they going to keep it at this date or move it?

We have seen before (irrelevant of organizer) races that promise a lot, big dreams and striving to be the next monument race in SA, but they try and emulate them on their current status, forgetting that those people worked hard, to grow it from a small thing to something this big.

I really hope this will go off smoothly and I will invest in taking part this year, but I am supporting my hometown race in Bloem.

And this is my biggest thing. The route effectively closes down PTA and this is not going to go down well with the general community. 

We will have to see how the community accepts this, as they have the power. I love that they are trying to get this going, there are just a few things that  gripe me.

1. The route is not practical for full road closure, for 8 to 10 hours of the day, but it is creative.

2. They have it on the same day as a few other races, all of which are fighting for their spot pre 947. If they want to make this as big as the 947, are they going to keep it at this date or move it?

We have seen before (irrelevant of organizer) races that promise a lot, big dreams and striving to be the next monument race in SA, but they try and emulate them on their current status, forgetting that those people worked hard, to grow it from a small thing to something this big.

I really hope this will go off smoothly and I will invest in taking part this year, but I am supporting my hometown race in Bloem.

See you there! :thumbup:

No Comms received of any form. Spam folder or not.....

I may have unsubscribed from ASG mail list due to the spamming so this may be the issue.

Same here, nothing received. Did I maybe unsubscribe? If so, should I not still get info for a race I have entered for, except for the marketing stuff?

Regarding Race number collection:

Antois Ferreira Number collection the morning of the race? Can we?

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 25 October at 18:30
Manage
20139750_299698583772649_175321535530003
Tshwane Classic Hi Antois, race numbers for prepaid online entries will be available to collect on the morning before the start of the race.

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply ·  · 27 October at 08:44

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ASG is starting to grow on me... 

Any news on seeding, confirmation of road closures..etc..etc

Looking at prior ASG events and the timing of communication thereof, we should get an email around lunchtime today with our start group. 

Road closures are on the main Tshwane Classic website. 

Archived