Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

Had a nice ride in the middle of BL, until the first hill at wonderboom when the bunch split. Lost the front of B and chased hard with a few through town until TJ then it was pretty much everyone for themselves. TJ was a brutal climb and passed many walkers. From there small group to the finish. Finished in 2.40hrs.

Well done ASG and the City of Tshwane, great day out and an enjoyable race.

No issues getting in or out with regard to parking

Provisional results are out on racetec

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw my first bike in a road race today. Not sure how cool it is even in d batch.

'bike'?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Had a good day out, snuck in with a 2:55. Saw one crash, hope the lady that came down on the highway in DL is okay. Luckily didnt encounter any of the issues with taxis. Thought the race was well organised and quite a pleasant route. TJ was brutal, but I decided beforehand I will NOT walk. (Could just as well have walked though at the pace I went up there ????). It was quite surprising how

many sub-3 hour candidates walked up. Anyone know why the race was about 5km short?

We did a small walk to Voortrekker to see you guys coming past. My little one was completely flabbergasted when somebody rang their bell at her, thanks.

there were some serious angry drivers out this morning. But nobody looked tired as they passed!

Would have been nice from a spectators point of view to have something to identify 60km and the 98km. Or if there was we did not notice.

I am really glad that the race went well. Well done to the organisers, I will support ypu next year if you sort your dates out to not clash with other setablished races.

Well done to all and Im gladd you enjoyed it.

Great day out .Good route ,well organized .If you did not have a 28 teeth sprocket or higher on your cassette ,you probably walked TJ with the rest .Silly crash on Botha ave involving 4 riders right in front of me .One rider swerving right across in front of 3 others .Could have been me if i was a couple of meters closer 

Great day out .Good route ,well organized .If you did not have a 28 teeth sprocket or higher on your cassette ,you probably walked TJ with the rest .Silly crash on Botha ave involving 4 riders right in front of me .One rider swerving right across in front of 3 others .Could have been me if i was a couple of meters closer

I have a 23, but then again I ride compact... I will upgrade when I need to. I'm still trying to be able to stay with the bunch up a hill. I lost the first half of the bunch up TJ.

We also had a rider who went down in the B batch on the way back N4 (is it?). Luckily the wind was coming from the front and it was a bit of an incline... so the speed was okayish. But a fall is a fall, I hope he was able to finish.

ebike.

Damn autocorrect

Yeah, for me not cool at all. It’s a bicycle race, and that means get to the end on your own steam, not with the help of any other means

Had a lekker ride in CL. Stayed with the bunch till the climb in Wonderboom.

Cramped and cried myself up TJ and home.

Really enjoyed the route..

If you look at the queues and queues of cars at some of the intersections I think there will be plenty of complaints and pissed off drivers.

Well done ASG..it was a good day out

39 x 25 going up TJ is NOT fun, my Garmin says the cadence dropped to 44rpm. But I was dead set to not walk it.

Might consider a drivetrain upgrade before the next edition ;)

39 x 25 going up TJ is NOT fun, my Garmin says the cadence dropped to 44rpm. But I was dead set to not walk it.

Might consider a drivetrain upgrade before the next edition ;)

My cadence dropped to 39! Was barely going faster than the walkers! But I did not get off!

The mayor was on an ebike in AM. Good to see him join us.

BH Nitro ( can go up to 75km/h in the highest mode) , I only know cause my shop lent it to him 

Archived