Hip bags, fanny packs... is this a thing now?

T-Bob

Ha, ha... so I think my brother has decided to be a funny guy and is sending 'something' over for my birthday. We were discussing the merits of the bringing the pack back last week and he mentioned that he had picked one up recently so I ribbed him mercilessly. This was all he sent me as a txt... if he has I'm hoping it's one of the 'good' ones (and not this or his used one!). ;)

post-15825-0-75854600-1495189053_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez for R250 I'm giving it a go' better than the R1900 for the Source one only to find it may or may not suck.

Bloody hell. At R1900 you might as well go Elton John and buy Gukki, Channel 5 or Versays....

Bloody hell. At R1900 you might as well go Elton John and buy Gukki, Channel 5 or Versays....

Crazy stuff. Wonder how many Cape Union Mart have sold?? That's more than my 1x GX cost.

Edited by hellocolour

Jeez for R250 I'm giving it a go' better than the R1900 for the Source one only to find it may or may not suck.

That was my thinking as well. Not a lot of school fees if it sucks.

I will admit to running up and down with it in the house, and it was more stable than I imagined.

When the rain and the insane blockage in my face clears I'll go give it a bash and report back.

Donder most of you guys take along more stuff on your short rides than the Mungans. Go figure.

Donder most of you guys take along more stuff on your short rides than the Mungans. Go figure.

http://staugscouts.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/be-prepared-scouts.jpg

and then you always get "that rider" who always leaves or "forgets" his **** at home and relies on others for tools, and repairs on the trail.

http://staugscouts.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/be-prepared-scouts.jpg

and then you always get "that rider" who always leaves or "forgets" his **** at home and relies on others for tools, and repairs on the trail.

and then kaks on anyone who has a camelbak for hauling a ton of gear they don't need. "You don't need water on a sub 2hr ride and if it doesn't fit in your jersey pockets you don't need it" :)

and then kaks on anyone who has a camelbak for hauling a ton of gear they don't need. "You don't need water on a sub 2hr ride and if it doesn't fit in your jersey pockets you don't need it" :)

Also the guy who gets pissed when he has a puncture and you wish him well on his walkies home.

My only concern with the bag-with-a-bottle is how bad your bum/back is gonna hurt when your OTB ends in a somersault.

Small toolbag in my shirt back pocket when I had a flip was enough to permanently move me to plain shirt and backpack for any offroad ventures.

But I suppose the bags with a bladder should provide a softer landing.

I am accident prone. I think of these things.

Does anyone know where to find the Camelbak Palos?

Does anyone know where to find the Camelbak Palos?

Don't think you can get them here. The Source Hipster is the next best thing but at R1900 @ Cape Union it's not ideal. I did some hunting about recently and out of Ebay, online UK store etc the cheapest I found was £47 on Amazon. Not sure what the import duties / tax would be. If it's anything like the bike bag my brother sent me from the UK it was nearly the cost of the thing itself.