[Event] PPA Cyclo Sportif #1

Pedal Power Association

Event Name: PPA Cyclo Sportif #1
When: 28 May 2017
Where: Windmeul Cellar, Paarl, Western Cape
Category: Road

Entries close on 25 May @ 14h00

Join us for a brand new road event! The Cyclosportif series will follow similar routes and distances, but you are welcome to do only one, or more of the events.
While this is a road event, you are most welcome to do it on a road bike, mountain bike, cyclo cross bike, recumbent or a tandem.

This series will count towards your seeding for the 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour.

ROUTE DESCRIPTION
The lovely venue for the first event is the Windmeul Wine Cellar. The 95.8 km route will take you through Wellington out towards Hermon, with only one big climb as you pass Riebeeck Kasteel, returning to the venue via the R45. There will be 3 waterpoints along the route.
http://www.pedalpower.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Cyclo-Sportif-1.jpg

DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE
Follow N1 to R44. Take exit 47 from N1. Turn left onto R44. Destination will be on the left. Windmeul Kelder
GPS Co-ordinates: S 33°40’18.1” E018°54’30.6

NOTES
Remember to wear your seeded PPA road funride number. If you have not yet collected your 2016-2017 road funride number, please contact the PPA Office in this regard. No children u/12.

Go to Event Page

Edited by Pedal Power Association

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The day after Darling Brew MTB race - another full weekend of riding! Yippeeee

The day after Darling Brew MTB race - another full weekend of riding! Yippeeee

what does your wife have to say when you are gone 40% of the weekend?

She works on Saturday until lunchtime sometimes later depending on emergencies and the Sunday is .... negotiated.

Fortunate that the offspring is reaching an age of relative independence which is also quite liberating.

And I think also everyone knows that I'm a much better human being to be around when I've had the "sturm und drang" bashed out of me on the mountain or pumped myself full of endorphines trying to keep up with H group.

what does your wife have to say when you are gone 40% of the weekend?

She works on Saturday until lunchtime sometimes later depending on emergencies and the Sunday is .... negotiated.

Fortunate that the offspring is reaching an age of relative independence which is also quite liberating.

And I think also everyone knows that I'm a much better human being to be around when I've had the "sturm und drang" bashed out of me on the mountain or pumped myself full of endorphines trying to keep up with H group.

Makes sense. You are lucky. My kids are 2 and 4. :) 

I paid my dues there - I enjoy kids (on toast) ... No I really do ... but these days as I hand one or other neice or nephew back to the people it belongs to I do feel quite pleased that my days of reproduction are over. 

Lots of little homilies and patronising platitudes to you both about how quickly it goes and enjoy it while they're so little and so on .... 

Makes sense. You are lucky. My kids are 2 and 4. :)

,25 and 2  -_-  (An asleep emoticon)

Edited by Mamil

I suspect the desperate times will kick in for me somewhere outside Riebeck Kasteel as the measure of  Darling Brew starts to make itself desperately felt in my legs.

R250 for an early entry? i see it counts towards your Argus seeding - desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edited by Mamil

Sigh, wanted to do this race this and thought entries closes midnight, but it is closed already :cursing:

I entered an hour ago, give it a try.

Also, racetec has it at 90km when you enter.

I got like halfway through the registration last time, so perhaps it closed while I was busy. Now I get this error straight away:

Sorry, but the PPA Cyclo Sportif #1 is closed.
Any incomplete baskets found have been cleared.

I'm looking forward to it.

I anticipate being dropped by H (I know I should think positive and HTFU and so on) but I'm going to do my level best to keep up with I and J when they come by. And if not I'm just going to enjoy a ride in the countryside. lifeissweet

Really wanted to do it but have been sick this week with no riding and age (experience) tells me rather not to go threshold!

I'm looking forward to it.

I anticipate being dropped by H (I know I should think positive and HTFU and so on) but I'm going to do my level best to keep up with I and J when they come by. And if not I'm just going to enjoy a ride in the countryside. lifeissweet

Good luck david. It's normally a fast start so just hang on for the first half!