Scott Spark 910 lockout system

Kyle Badger

Good day,

So I've ridden my new Scott Spark 910 and im soooo happy with it. The geometry is phenomenal. I do have one question about the suspension though. When I set the suspension to full lock out mode it seems to still not be 100% locked. I can still with effort push down on both the front and rear suspension. Is this normal or should I have it checked out?

I also have a 910 and my 910's suspension also does not lock out fully. That is how it is supposed to be as far as I know. I do not know of any setup that fully lock's out fully and I really do not know why they call it a "lock out" instead of a firm or climb setting.

I'm not an expert on suspension but I also have a new Spark 910 and struggled with the same issue. My LBS sent the fork and shock away to Omnico for inspection and they did an upgrade kit and some adjustments. Also try tightening the barrel adjusters on the twin lock.

The Suspension is not supposed to lock out 100% but should not bob if you are out of the saddle.

I've had some further issues with both the FIT4 fork and shock which the Fox agents can't seem to fix. Hopefully a solution is around the corner.

My rear shock bobs when on full lockout but I am heavy so probably expecting a lot from the little bugger.... just leave it unlocked now on any terrain ^_^ 

I'll deal with the power delivery loss for the comfort :P   

Take it back to The shop you bought it from it should lockout totally.

You sound very confident. Do you own one? Im just a bit confused because everyone else says it shouldn't fully lock?

You sound very confident. Do you own one? Im just a bit confused because everyone else says it shouldn't fully lock?

So it depends on how we interpret the bit where you say you can still compress the suspension.

If you mean you can compress it a mm or two then that's fine, if you can compress either (front or back) more than a few mm then its a problem.

Edited by Jehosefat

So it depends on how we interpret the bit where you say you can still compress the suspension.

If you mean you can compress it a mm or two then that's fine, if you can compress either (front or back) more than a few mm then its a problem.

ill just take it in tomorrow Mohave it checked out. Thanks for your opinion.

Have you adjusted the pressure in your shock adequately? 

My 910 can also move a little bit when locked out, but only a couple of mm.

If it feels similar in lockout mode then there is something wrong, it should firm up considerably.

It's for this reason that Fox no longer calls it 'lockout' but rather 'firm'.  There is no complete solid lock.  If there was you would risk damage to the damper.  It is designed to still move under force.  

Good day,

So I've ridden my new Scott Spark 910 and im soooo happy with it. The geometry is phenomenal. I do have one question about the suspension though. When I set the suspension to full lock out mode it seems to still not be 100% locked. I can still with effort push down on both the front and rear suspension. Is this normal or should I have it checked out?

Normal - you can still knock through the lockout with enough pressure

• 4 years later...

Mine does exactly the same. Taking it back to the shop for a second time now. Love this bike. Hope this doesn't become a permanent issue.