WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

I am certainly suffering from scandal fatigue by now. Having to read daily how the Guptas are robbing me blind now I have to hear CSA is also doing its bit.

And this after they hiked the fees by 33% end of last year (if I recall correctly)

I know I should be angry but I find it hard to muster the outrage

Gupta outrage won't help much, there are lots of competent people taking care of that.

We can focus our outrage here, where its closer to home.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think they went through the CSA.

CSA have also burnt bridges with sponsors in the sport as well, which have pulled out, which in turn makes CSA job harder due to less funding.

Would love to know why all the bridges were burnt. . Corporates always know more than us.

We are like mushrooms, they keep us in the dark and feed us poop.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Maybe this issue needs to be taken up on the CSA  FB page. Public humiliation might help .

I am certainly suffering from scandal fatigue by now. Having to read daily how the Guptas are robbing me blind now I have to hear CSA is also doing its bit.

It must have been a great shock. You expect it from the CSA, but the Guptas?!

Maybe this issue needs to be taken up on the CSA FB page. Public humiliation might help .

They just make excuses and then ignore the comments.

They seriously don't care what the public think and says of them..same story all the time.. not enough funding bla bla. .they forget to mention their wasteful expenditure of the funding the do get...

It must have been a great shock. You expect it from the CSA, but the Guptas?!

tbh I was impressed with WP Cycling's (and by association CSA) efforts the past few years to revive road cycling in the WC with very little money and by hosting lekker no-nonsense events while PPA is explaining to us why new road events can't be done.

So yes, I am disappointed to see something like this.

Out of interest sakes..

Which SA rider that is currently riding in the pro peloton was financially supported by CSA in their development and if so how? (I really don't know that's why I am asking)

With something like Sanlam GO cover, each person can elect his own level of insurance for the event. No need for group insurance through the organisers.

It's amazing how archaic we can be in SA. Look at the Comrades - every single person had a club vest on. Then look at the 21k race in Switzerland that old lady participated in on Carte Blanch. She was the only one with a club vest.

I am not saying the model does not work sometimes (road running seems to do well). But why do we need a CSA at all? Even in Theory, I cannot see a role for them.

With something like Sanlam GO cover, each person can elect his own level of insurance for the event. No need for group insurance through the organisers.

It's amazing how archaic we can be in SA. Look at the Comrades - every single person had a club vest on. Then look at the 21k race in Switzerland that old lady participated in on Carte Blanch. She was the only one with a club vest.

I am not saying the model does not work sometimes (road running seems to do well). But why do we need a CSA at all? Even in Theory, I cannot see a role for them.

Look at the 2 Oceans 21k ... very few club vests.....but then again the 21k is pretty much a "fun run" compared to the Comrades.

I have never heard of Sanlam GO cover. I will be looking at using it for the future when I enter events

We don't need them..unfortunately the pros and any one wanting to represent SA or with dreams of becoming a pro needs them for a UCI licence[emoji17]

tbh I was impressed with WP Cycling's (and by association CSA) efforts the past few years to revive road cycling in the WC with very little money and by hosting lekker no-nonsense events while PPA is explaining to us why new road events can't be done.

So yes, I am disappointed to see something like this.

WP Cycling's Exco is comprised of individuals who volunteer their time and efforts to develop cycling in the region. In my opinion, the fact that CSA has an association here, is of no great significance .. just another "just-because" rubber stamp to give WP Cycling an official mandate.

WP Cycling's Exco is comprised of individuals who volunteer their time and efforts to develop cycling in the region. In my opinion, the fact that CSA has an association here, is of no great significance .. just another "just-because" rubber stamp to give WP Cycling an official mandate.

Yip

And a way for them to say..look what we did . Meantime they haven't done a thing it has all been WP cycling...indeed just a rubber stamp.

Yip

And a way for them to say..look what we did . Meantime they haven't done a thing it has all been WP cycling...indeed just a rubber stamp.

Like the SA Government that tries to take credit for the good the normal citizens do.

I also love how CSA tweet about our international athletes successes, you know the ones that had to fund their own trips.....