Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

Applications for reseeding were closed on the 12 October 2017.

"The next reseeding period will only be at the expo at the Dome from 16th – 18th November.
You will be able to apply for a reseeding there, and should it be approved, there will be a R200.00 reseeding fee applicable.

Please ensure that you bring in your alternative results over 90km(Road Races)/60km(MTB) within the last year."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The next reseeding period will only be at the expo at the Dome from 16th – 18th November.
You will be able to apply for a reseeding there, and should it be approved, there will be a R200.00 reseeding fee applicable.

Please ensure that you bring in your alternative results over 90km(Road Races)/60km(MTB) within the last year."

Where did you see this? Can't find it on the website, but really hope it's the case.

Where did you see this? Can't find it on the website, but really hope it's the case.

I emailed in October as I did my first road race after that window closed (Bestmed Satellite on the 14th). It's been a big issue for me as I know I won't enjoy it if they start me without seeding at 9:30. 

I emailed in October as I did my first road race after that window closed (Bestmed Satellite on the 14th). It's been a big issue for me as I know I won't enjoy it if they start me without seeding at 9:30. 

Good man! Thanks

Hi there.

I have entered for the 94.7, however i am unable to ride as i am unable to get off work and live in Durban.

I am willing to give it away for free.

If there is a substitute cost involved the person taking my entry will have to pay.

It is one of the back batches so it would suit a slow coach like me.

Please contact me on my email............shawn@alpinemotors.co.za

Regards

Shawn

2 questions for those in the know:

i) A mate has pulled out of the race and offered me his entry - is there still time to do a substitution - I checked out the website but not very helpful as it states that substitution is permitted within the prescribed time - it fails to specify the prescribed time however!

ii) How much of a hindrance will knobblies be - going to ride a MTB and don't see the point in buying slicks for 1 race - how much slower % wise would I be on knobblies?

Thanks 

You will need every bit of help to enjoy the race.. Get those slicks unless your surname is Froome.

Sent from my LG-M400 using Tapatalk

So a close connection mentioned to me that William Nicol between Auto and Gen and the Mnandi turnoff is closed as the contractor pulled off site a few weeks back The website tells you it is gravel so be thankful it wont rain. Also there is now a brand spanking new Makro in the venue which was a parking area last year. Zinnia rd off Main into Riversands by Summit college will be another entrance point.

Main thing is to plan your arrival well in advance - park at places like the Leaping Frog or Lonehill Blvd shopping center and ride to the start.

Hey all, the cycle challenge team stuffed up and have prescribed me a starting time of 8:10 instead of 7:39. Is it worth the fight (and R200 at the expo reseeding) to challenge it?

Hey all, the cycle challenge team stuffed up and have prescribed me a starting time of 8:10 instead of 7:39. Is it worth the fight (and R200 at the expo reseeding) to challenge it?

If your goal is to push for a PR i think it would be a chance i would take because the batch starts spread quickly in that 30min. I am starting in 08h16 due to charity so you wont see the faster groups of the seeded batches. Im just gonna work with what is on the field

2 questions for those in the know:

i) A mate has pulled out of the race and offered me his entry - is there still time to do a substitution - I checked out the website but not very helpful as it states that substitution is permitted within the prescribed time - it fails to specify the prescribed time however!

ii) How much of a hindrance will knobblies be - going to ride a MTB and don't see the point in buying slicks for 1 race - how much slower % wise would I be on knobblies?

Thanks 

I stand under correction, but, I think you can substitute right up to the Saturday before the race, but it has to be at the expo.

I've ridden on knobblies before. Personally, I wouldn't buy slicks for one day. Your rolling resistance will obviously be higher and the tar will wear on the knobblies more but most of us aren't going for the win so is it really so different coming 10203 or 10204...? ;)

You could just go the whole nine yards and buy a road bike for the one day... :P

Did the number collection on the Saturday at the TicketPro dome always end at 1pm? I somehow remember it to be later.. oh well, if it is, have to replan my day

So a close connection mentioned to me that William Nicol between Auto and Gen and the Mnandi turnoff is closed as the contractor pulled off site a few weeks back The website tells you it is gravel so be thankful it wont rain. Also there is now a brand spanking new Makro in the venue which was a parking area last year. Zinnia rd off Main into Riversands by Summit college will be another entrance point.

Main thing is to plan your arrival well in advance - park at places like the Leaping Frog or Lonehill Blvd shopping center and ride to the start.

How far is the start from Leaping Frog - checked the map but hard to figure out distances? That map is also as confusing as .....

How far is the start from Leaping Frog - checked the map but hard to figure out distances? That map is also as confusing as .....

about 7km to the start line.

I parked there in 2015, when there were road works on William Nicol Dr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about 7km to the start line.

I parked there in 2015, when there were road works on William Nicol Dr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Go with the knobblies man! :) 

post-57330-0-21964500-1510206124_thumb.jpg

Archived