Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How easy is it to get to the parking venue from Pretoria? It will be my 2nd year doing the event; I just turned 1 as a Gauteng resident. Last year I was still staying in Midrand, now I am a bit further. Even though I drove to the start last year, I think I could have warmed up to the venue...

Should I just park in Midrand and just spin to the start or drive? I will also do a 2nd chilled lap, unofficially, like last year and get to know the route. :)

2 years ago they just asked me what my times were at previous races and where would I like to start... Not sure if they have become more strict. Maybe to be safe take results with.

A year ago, they were actually checking on Racetec. I just did not reseed coz it was pricey.

How easy is it to get to the parking venue from Pretoria? It will be my 2nd year doing the event; I just turned 1 as a Gauteng resident. Last year I was still staying in Midrand, now I am a bit further. Even though I drove to the start last year, I think I could have warmed up to the venue...

Should I just park in Midrand and just spin to the start or drive? I will also do a 2nd chilled lap, unofficially, like last year and get to know the route. :)

Saw on Toyota cadence show, about where and how to park. They also said there is an app available that explains it as well if I remember correctly

How is the Q?

Sent from my LG-M400 using Tapatalk

I have not been myself to the Expo, my club is collecting. But see above, looks like this is not possible.

I'm in Midrand and planning on riding to the start, you can join me if you like.

Haven't quite decided on the exact time I'm going to leave, but probably 04:00 - 04:30.

I'm in Midrand and planning on riding to the start, you can join me if you like.

Haven't quite decided on the exact time I'm going to leave, but probably 04:00 - 04:30.

From around where will you be riding. I would park at Noordwyk is decide on Midrand.

What time is your start?

From around where will you be riding. I would park at Noordwyk is decide on Midrand.

What time is your start?

Country View.

I'm in the charity double lap group at 06:08.

Thinking about it now, probably need to leave closer to 04:00 so can go down Summit and not risk running into the men's elite coming the opposite way if I spin too slowly...haha (it's only about 15km that way but I plan to be super casual on the way there and back)

Country View.

I'm in the charity double lap group at 06:08.

Thinking about it now, probably need to leave closer to 04:00 so can go down Summit and not risk running into the men's elite coming the opposite way if I spin too slowly...haha (it's only about 15km that way but I plan to be super casual on the way there and back)

That's why I was asking because I know it's not that far... but avoiding bumping into elites makes sense. I think I might join you, just to warm up a bit. 

okay, so the "final instructions" reckon i should get there 3 hours before my start time?  wtf?  i don't see myself getting there at 3:35

So Cycle Challenge messed up big time on my starting time and my rather extensive efforts amounted to only a partial remedy. So for me that means s tarting in Z at 8:10, half an hour after I should be.

Anyone else starting in Z looking for around 3:40?

Archived