Flat Earthers

Escapee..

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It nicely reveals the true motives behind the societies.

Best part is when they conduct that gyroscope experiment to prove the earth was flat but end up proving themselves wrong.

And their experiment at the end... Face palm.

I actually know a flat earther. Well, friend of a friend really. At first I thought he was just trolling on social media. But this guy is committed and legit. Behind the Curve dives into the social aspect of this phenomena and its something I've always wondered about. To discover, test and rationalist is a very big part of what drives us as a species. But we also have very real social needs. And these two things don't always reconcile. It could just boil down to choosing between two things.

To be right, or to be happy.

I actually know a flat earther. Well, friend of a friend really. At first I thought he was just trolling on social media. But this guy is committed and legit. Behind the Curve dives into the social aspect of this phenomena and its something I've always wondered about. To discover, test and rationalist is a very big part of what drives us as a species. But we also have very real social needs. And these two things don't always reconcile. It could just boil down to choosing between two things.

To be right, or to be happy.

Much like many of our other beliefs. It’s often about social needs and a sense of belonging.

It’s a strange human trait.

Much like many of our other beliefs. It’s often about social needs and a sense of belonging.

Ja, those guys seem to need it more than others. Some of their stories are quite sad actually. Not sad as in lame or whatever. Sad as in how they were shunned. Then again I suppose thats what we are doing in a sence with all these jokes.

There's a Kurzgesagt video about this. I suggest you watch it. Quite insightful.

Their channel explains things much the same way the Oversimplified channel crams history lessons into easy to watch, illustrative, 5-10 minute videos. 

While you're at it watch Joe Rogan's podcast with Brian Cox. 

I suggest the 5 minute snippets or highlights from the podcast via his JRE channel.

There's a Kurzgesagt video about this. I suggest you watch it. Quite insightful.

Their channel explains things much the same way the Oversimplified channel crams history lessons into easy to watch, illustrative, 5-10 minute videos.

While you're at it watch Joe Rogan's podcast with Brian Cox.

I suggest the 5 minute snippets or highlights from the podcast via his JRE channel.

I’ve got that Podcast, will listen to it soon. I enjoy Brian’s way of explaining things.

Brian Cox is the best science communicator IMO. Much prefer him to NDT.

Agreed. NDT did thrust science into the lives of many, which had to be acknowledged. But he is a little arrogant about it, BC is humble and he seems truly in awe of it. This is contagious and you have to appreciate his message.

• 5 months later...