Flat Earthers

Escapee..

Seeing more and more of this popping up in my social media feeds.

What say the hub?

Isn`t science the same as religion?

And is the EARTH FLAT?  :eek:

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yawn

I dont come and YAWN in the religion thread Forkie, a bit of common decency would be appreciated thanks

I dont come and YAWN in the religion thread Forkie, a bit of common decency would be appreciated thanks

no, but you make me yawn, so its the same thing

but to answer your question, there are mountains so the earth is not completely flat. 

Seeing more and more of this popping up in my social media feeds.

What say the hub?

Isn`t science the same as religion?

And is the EARTH FLAT?  :eek:

LOL. Science a religion. LOL. Science is the study of things we do not understand, and the attempt to understand those things which we see / find, and is subject to constant revision should there be sufficient conflicting information.

Religion is the attribution of everything to a higher power. Nothing is subject to revision. God always did it. 

Flat earthers, chem-trailers, moon landing sceptics, anti vaxxers, climate change denialists... the list goes on. All batty, and essentially argue from an ideological standpoint. Meaning, really, that no amount of evidence presented as a counter-argument will change their views.

LOL. Science a religion. LOL. Science is the study of things we do not understand, and the attempt to understand those things which we see / find, and is subject to constant revision should there be sufficient conflicting information.

Religion is the attribution of everything to a higher power. Nothing is subject to revision. God always did it. 

Flat earthers, chem-trailers, moon landing sceptics, anti vaxxers, climate change denialists... the list goes on. All batty, and essentially argue from an ideological standpoint. Meaning, really, that no amount of evidence presented as a counter-argument will change their views.

Ok lets say its more like faith?

Believing things people wrote who we dont know and taking it as true...

Much like the religion thread 

The earth is not flat , that I know for a fact but it's not round either . If you keep on walking in one direction you will eventually fall over the edge . 

The flat earthers have a society. Check it out..

https://www.tfes.org/

I haven't investigated what goes on there, but should be interesting/entertaining.

Edited by shova1

Ok lets say its more like faith?

Believing things people wrote who we dont know and taking it as true...

Hmmm. The difference being that there is just one source of most "faiths" vs the primary tenet of science being the requirement of any theory having to be repeatable, demonstrable and falsifiable. 

Therefore it's a faith in the system and how it presents things, vs the faith in some 1,500 year old text that was compiled of "eye witness accounts" and 3rd hand testaments.