Stolen: Transition Smuggler 2016 (Midrand)

Omumborombonga

Sympathies. Well there aren't that many about so I hope someone somewhere spots it.

Sympathies. Well there aren't that many about so I hope someone somewhere spots it.

Not holding out much hope. Went with the cops (about 20 of them) and the local cpf guys to try and find it using livetrack location without any luck. Big shout out to them.

Stolen: Transition Smuggler 2016When: 10 June 2017Where: Midrand, GautengBikejacked in Midrand. Gallop Lane, Sun Valley. 

Only had the frame for 3 weeks.Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

What time, knifes or guns and how many of them, were you riding alone?

Going uphill towards the top on Gallop and then the 90 degree turn to the left is where they ussually wait for the ambush (they know you will be tired) and then it's a easy escape for the scum through the field and then across Summit Rd to Olievenhoutbos.

What time, knifes or guns and how many of them, were you riding alone?

Going uphill towards the top on Gallop and then the 90 degree turn to the left is where they ussually wait for the ambush (they know you will be tired) and then it's a easy escape for the scum through the field and then across Summit Rd to Olievenhoutbos.

It was bit further down. Just by the open land on the right. It was around 15:15. I was on my own. One with a knife and one with a gun.

Cop told me of another incident. From his explanation sounded like Hackamore road.

Sucks. Going to have to find a group to ride with in future. I see loads of people riding on their own in the area.

It was bit further down. Just by the open land on the right. It was around 15:15. I was on my own. One with a knife and one with a gun.

Cop told me of another incident. From his explanation sounded like Hackamore road.

Sucks. Going to have to find a group to ride with in future. I see loads of people riding on their own in the area.

We ride there all the time, i also ride there alone some times and know it's a hot spot as we've been hijacked there before so i'm hyper vigilant there. I see plenty people there alone on horses as well and are also being targeted. Thanks for the heads up and luckely you were not injured.

We ride there all the time, i also ride there alone some times and know it's a hot spot as we've been hijacked there before so i'm hyper vigilant there. I see plenty people there alone on horses as well and are also being targeted. Thanks for the heads up and luckely you were not injured.

Jees. I wasn't aware of people on horses being targeted too. Hectic. I am thankful I am ok.

Not holding out much hope. Went with the cops (about 20 of them) and the local cpf guys to try and find it using livetrack location without any luck. Big shout out to them.

Bummer. Your frame had a hidden GPS tracker? Tracker didn't work.. or?

Bummer. Your frame had a hidden GPS tracker? Tracker didn't work.. or?

No tracker. Although I am going to fit one on my new one. We tracked it with my Garmin as livetrack was running. They must not have realised that it can do that. It eventually lost signal. We were a bit too late un getting to the area as the cops spoke to some locals who saw the bike right where the last location was.

From twitter, long shot but you never know:

@mybicyclesafety Repost: bende gearresteer..bikes in jhb gesteel.07828547389 Capt R van den Heever for all bikes stolen, maybe yours is there

From twitter, long shot but you never know:

@mybicyclesafety Repost: bende gearresteer..bikes in jhb gesteel.07828547389 Capt R van den Heever for all bikes stolen, maybe yours is there

Thank you. Will contact them

Thank you. Will contact them

Good luck. Hoping for a positive outcome. Some good news would be most welcome.

Archived