Tokai trails open on Friday - Youth Day (16th June)

(Deon)

We can never guarantee your safety, no one can but the volume of women riding alone with the marshals we have positioned around the area should be a testament enough.

We have roving patrols and radio-linked coordinators keeping a watch over any suspicious activities in the mountain. Not only that, injuries and waiting times are also a thing of the past. 

Enjoy your ride.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to hitting the Tokai trail for the first time  

I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to Tokai.. please apologise for asking since I actually thought it was open to the public already.

So its open as per normal A.K.A the old days..tomorrow. Pitch up at the paygate and go have fun?

ohhhhh..... okay. I'll pretend I never saw it and haven't picked the Nomad as my prize. 

Possibly signed by South Africa's greatest ever surface cleaner...

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/6001106102838_Marketing_Straighton_1000_1000_80_int1.jpg

I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to Tokai.. please apologise for asking since I actually thought it was open to the public already.

So its open as per normal A.K.A the old days..tomorrow. Pitch up at the paygate and go have fun?

Open to the public on weekend (winter hours / from 8am). Have your permit or pay at the old Braai site / parking area. Pedal up the pain in the butt slope. Have fun! If you want to get a permit on the day then stop at Kirstenbosch and get as the TMNP office are shut when Toaki is open. Day rate is R70 (?). 

PS the Ginger Ninja @ Stoke has your tyre.  

Open to the public on weekend (winter hours / from 8am). Have your permit or pay at the old Braai site / parking area. Pedal up the pain in the butt slope. Have fun! If you want to get a permit on the day then stop at Kirstenbosch and get as the TMNP office are shut when Toaki is open. Day rate is R70 (?). 

Would this apply to the Silver Mine entrance as well?

Would this apply to the Silver Mine entrance as well?

Which bit?

Day pass available at both Tokai and Silvermine on the day.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks Brother! The Savage dropped the tyre off by me this arvie. Will hit Tokai Saturday Afternoon or Sunday morning if its not to wet. Have not been there since the fires, I cant wait! Heard the trails are nice aswell, either way it will just be so cool to go back after 3 years!

Thanks Brother! The Savage dropped the tyre off by me this arvie. Will hit Tokai Saturday Afternoon or Sunday morning if its not to wet. Have not been there since the fires, I cant wait! Heard the trails are nice aswell, either way it will just be so cool to go back after 3 years!

Schweet. Heading down that way tomorrow and crossing fingers I can sneak in another ride on Sunday as well. Hopefully see you out there. Enjoy the return! 

Trails were sweet today.  Thanks to everyone for making it happen.

They were so good, decided to do full Greenbelt to Kirstenbosch and back afterwards.  That was a *** idea.

Haha that's funny.

The New access road is quite a shock to the system! Jeepers. Cant remember that climb being that ***. Also, with all the trees gone theres nothing to look at except for the long up hill up to level 5! I honestly didn't recognise much of it at all. So Ironic after so much of Knysna and the great trails the locals built there just burnt down..

I didn't realise how many of the trails were still under construction. I went right to the top to Mamba(or is it cobra) This trail use to be really tough and Im glad it kept a bit of its character. This should be heaps of fun on a trailbike.

Then the middle section that use to be the N1 of Tokai..Seriously I rode these trails 100s of times but never looked at the signboards no Idea what the name was(came out at the ruins) This bit is quite "tame" in comparison and I found my 2'3 inch tyres just didn't have sufficient grip to go around those corners fast enough to really make the trail exciting to be honest it was a bit boring. Being a doosh here, just saying.

The jumps after the big berm (is it DH3? or vasbyt?) was a nice addition. Really smooth trannys and after rolling over the first I popped the second and got over about 3 until I realised I needed more speed. Got over just fine the second time and continued down all the way. Again. Nice smooth jumps but would have appreciated some hips and a little bit of variation?

Let me get my flame suit...

The snake trails are easy. Untill you try beat your strava times. Once you start really pushing your limits down there it becomes a whole lot of fun. But a short travel bike is the way to go.

and sketch as hell... but fun. 

The "easy" trails at speed are the dangerous ones. 

The snake trails are easy. Untill you try beat your strava times. Once you start really pushing your limits down there it becomes a whole lot of fun. But a short travel bike is the way to go.

Ha.. I was having some fun on the 3rd snake last weekend when I hit one of the doubles, thought 'I am so cool right now' only to be slapped super hard in the face by an alien! It left me a bit stunned....

Some of that vegetation needs a trim!

Ha.. I was having some fun on the 3rd snake last weekend when I hit one of the doubles, thought 'I am so cool right now' only to be slapped super hard in the face by an alien! It left me a bit stunned....

Some of that vegetation needs a trim!

That's what I said...

Seriously, though - that stuff grows faster than a fecking rat colony.