What MTB would you get R40k

Runbikeswim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pyga One Ten 29 on sale new from Pyga in Howick @ R 39 k.

Solid build from what I could see?

Canyon. bit of pt to get it into the country, but the value is insane.

That Spectral keeps me awake at night...but after checking out the Pyga close up today I'd happily settle.

or buy 266 X R150 raffle ticket for the Santa Cruz draw..... hey Santa Cruz you reading this....

or buy 266 X R150 raffle ticket for the Santa Cruz draw..... hey Santa Cruz you reading this....

ha! You beat me to it!

This, you know you want to...

So help me out here as I is wayyyyyy doff. Howe do I know which bike/frame/Etc is best?

I have, AS YET, not been able to feel the difference between the different bikes I have purchased....... well maybe the R7 fork was better than the Reba, but not so sure,

My Sid WC was as k@k as the Fox 32 and and.

The only thing I can say with conviction is:

Road - Campy is better that Shimano (have not tries SRAM)

MTB - Nothing beats SRAM

Truvative Cranks suck for heavy weighs.

Let us help you with a 2017 TREK Fuel Ex8, meets all your requirements, Shimano XT 2 * 11, TREK's Fox Active Suspension, Mino Link, Knock Blocker, and Boost Hubs, TLR 2.40 Bontrager XR3 tyres fitted, Dropper Post, Was R49,999 Now only R39,999

+1 Trek Fuel Ex 8

Recently went from Scott Spark to Fuel Ex and it's a lot more fun!!

I got a Transition Smuggler with nice build-kit (SRAM Guide-R brakes, SRAM GX 1x11 drive train and RS Pike) for this price (got one of the very last ones when they were on special last month). Only need a dropper (saving for a Lyne).

Bike is a bit of a tank in terms of weight (heavy wheel and tyre combo probably the culprit), but when it gets rough (even going up) it goes very well.

So help me out here as I is wayyyyyy doff. Howe do I know which bike/frame/Etc is best?

I have, AS YET, not been able to feel the difference between the different bikes I have purchased....... well maybe the R7 fork was better than the Reba, but not so sure,

My Sid WC was as k@k as the Fox 32 and and.

The only thing I can say with conviction is:

Road - Campy is better that Shimano (have not tries SRAM)

MTB - Nothing beats SRAM

Truvative Cranks suck for heavy weighs.

Your suspension was probably set up wrong?

The sid is an epic fork, would take it any day over the fox

+1 Trek Fuel Ex 8

Recently went from Scott Spark to Fuel Ex and it's a lot more fun!!

Had two Meridas, still use the one Merida as my commuter, then went for the TREK Fuel EX5.  LOVE the bike !!!!!!!  Really puts a smile on my dial.

And getting of the Merida you FEEL the difference !!!!!!!!  The geometry is just so much "nicer".

The EX8 is just much better specked than the EX5   But at R50k it was out my price range, with the current special price it really is an excellent buy !

KTM - end of discussion.

Mods, lock the topic now. nothing more to say LOL :clap:  :whistling:  :thumbup:

There's a reason KTM stands for *** to maintain :ph34r:  :whistling:

OP should just go ahead an buy a Spez Camber. He can learn to love Spez

Archived