What MTB would you get R40k

Runbikeswim

Budget is 40K, what would you get?

Requirements:

Must have at least 120mm travel

Must be Dualy

Must be a bit slacker, a 67ish

Would love a 27.5 plus but don’t really see stock except the 2017 scott spark 730 plus and the components not so great and shock seem crappy?

But dont mind 29 or 27.5

No go’s:

Spez

Spez

Spez

I know some fool will post just add x and get a y but im spending 40 and thats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Scott Spark 940 is over 40k, but... I have heard of some getting it for 40k. I believe Bike Addict has a demo for sale for 40k at the moment.

If that is not possible, then Giant Trance 2. Had one, and loved it. Value, value, and more value. Alu frame, meets your suspension spec, dropper post, 1x11, good pedaller, good descender, 27.5, boost. Can take up to 27.5x2.6 tyres, so not quite plus - but pretty close (although I have seen some people squeezing a 2.8 tyre in there). It's an amazing all rounder of a bike, and I have never heard anyone complain about it. I know 2016 model was 33k, not sure about 2017 - but I am sure it is under 40k.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

The new Scott Spark 940 is over 40k, but... I have heard of some getting it for 40k. I believe Bike Addict has a demo for sale for 40k at the moment.

If that is not possible, then Giant Trance 2. Had one, and loved it. Value, value, and more value. Alu frame, meets your suspension spec, dropper post, 1x11, good pedaller, good descender, 27.5, boost. Can take up to 27.5x2.6 tyres, so not quite plus - but pretty close (although I have seen some people squeezing a 2.8 tyre in there). It's an amazing all rounder of a bike, and I have never heard anyone complain about it. I know 2016 model was 33k, not sure about 2017 - but I am sure it is under 40k.

BA has it for 36k (demo) and cyclelab have them for 40k well 39999...

If i was in the market now for a new bike i would go for a spark 29er.

http://cyclelab.com/scott-spark-940-29-2017/

Also have a look at Pyga, Transition, YT and Banshee.

Do you want to buy new? If you are looking at 2nd hand you can get a mean rig for 40k.

Yeah, if Spark 940 is available for 40k, you can close this thread. Best all rounder on the market - you will not find better!

The Spark 940 from Cycleab. You can close the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if Spark 940 is available for 40k, you can close this thread. Best all rounder on the market - you will not find better!

I was gonna say the same, but several have beaten me to it.