SPOTTED : Red SPECIALIZED CAMBER/STUMPI (Ruimsig)

Dorpie

If we get all these sarcastic comments on threads about possible stolen bikes, We will stop even trying to put the notice out, not sure how much it helps anyway.

The notices help big time. I got my stolen bike back thanks to the Hub, years ago. Fella called Yang spotted it in Moz and made some plan for me. What a legend.

Hi Myles, could you please elaborate? Are there any things required like reading memorandum rights? If, by ludicrous coincidence such bike was passed down from business owner to worker and the worker feels grieved, I assume they can attempt suing for the wrongful arrest?

FYI, "Miranda" rights - from (Miranda v Arizona court case in the USA).

We don't have the mandatory reading of constitutional rights, as far as i know.

No good deed goes unpunished  :rolleyes:

in SA, that should read:  "no bad deed goes punished"

Are you even allowed to make a "citizens arrest" nowadays?

Pretty sure you could but you'd have to be pretty sure that the bike is stolen or else you going to have a huge lawsuit against you.

The notices help big time. I got my stolen bike back thanks to the Hub, years ago. Fella called Yang spotted it in Moz and made some plan for me. What a legend.

Mine was also spotted in Moz, but I was not as lucky as you to get assistance in getting it back.

If you assumed this bike was stolen why did you not apprehend the thief and take him into custody with SAPS.

Don't be silly! Alert authorities but do not try to apprehend, that would just be stupid and can cost you dearly - all for a bike!

Mine was also spotted in Moz, but I was not as lucky as you to get assistance in getting it back.

Is there really a massive market in Moz for (stolen) MTBs? 

Is there really a massive market in Moz for (stolen) MTBs? 

According to the gentleman who sent me pictures of my bike said there is a lot of MTB's going to Moz from SA.

Don't be silly! Alert authorities but do not try to apprehend, that would just be stupid and can cost you dearly - all for a bike!

If you are sure it is a stolen bike......