Elite Direto direct-drive trainer

HdB

According to the Elite website, Nsquared distribution in Cape Town: http://www.nsquared.co.za

nSquared are a fantastic bunch of guys and I just recently bought my De Rosa Protos through them.

They had quite a few of these trainersin different models in their warehouse and from what I can remember they are similar price to the Wahoo Kicker for the top of the range 1.

Their Reply:

"Yes it will be available in SA but they are severely backlogged with orders for these.   

We were told end July but I think it will be more likely end August. 

I would suggest placing an order with us and paying a deposit to reserve one. 

Pricing will be R 19500 incl VAT."

Their Reply:

"Yes it will be available in SA but they are severely backlogged with orders for these.   

From DCR: "This direct drive controllable trainer is notable partly for its price ($899), but also partly because it’s sporting easily the highest accuracy rating of any sub-$1,000 controllable trainer: +/- 2.5%. "

How does 900 USD become R19500? Rather get a Kickr, Neo or Hammer!

From DCR: "This direct drive controllable trainer is notable partly for its price ($899), but also partly because it’s sporting easily the highest accuracy rating of any sub-$1,000 controllable trainer: +/- 2.5%. "

How does 900 USD become R19500? Rather get a Kickr, Neo or Hammer!

Yeah I agree, I see their top end 1 is in neo territory.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/elite-drivo-trainer.html

Yeah I agree, I see their top end 1 is in neo territory.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/elite-drivo-trainer.html

It's more expensive than the Neo.....

https://www.evobikes.co.za/tacx-t2800-neo-smart-trainer.html Also from Evobikes so makes for a good comparison. 

Yet when you look at the comparisons, the Elite is USD1299 and the Neo is USD1599. 

Reference: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/elites-new-direto-trainerhands-on.html

Another entry to the direct-drive trainer field that looks quite good.

Same price as the Tacx Flux, but better accuracy and max wattage.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/elites-new-direto-trainerhands-on.html

Their Reply:

While I'm sure the real price will be less than the RRP (hopefully) this is still way off the price of the Flux.  I just picked one up (Tacx) for R11k.  

At this point I don't see anything offering better for value for money than the Tacx.  Of course, if money isn't an object there are better trainers available...

While I'm sure the real price will be less than the RRP (hopefully) this is still way off the price of the Flux.  I just picked one up (Tacx) for R11k.  

At this point I don't see anything offering better for value for money than the Tacx.  Of course, if money isn't an object there are better trainers available...

This is off topic, but how is the flux when training on it? Does it have ERG mode and all the other goodies direct drive trainers offer?

read all the other threads about Tacx trainers giving problems... I would stay away.

Rather invest in Cycleops or Kickr.

This is off topic, but how is the flux when training on it? Does it have ERG mode and all the other goodies direct drive trainers offer?

I'm happy with it :-)

I'm a newbie on smart trainers - so nothing to compare to.

But yes, ERG mode is there.   Currently trying out a few different trainer apps - Zwift, trainerroad and sufferfest are on my shortlist.  All have been pretty seamless in setting up with the trainer.  And all function as you would expect i.e power increase/decrease with slope, interval training etc.

If you haven't already, check out DCrainmakers trainer database.  You can compare all the functions in table form.  

read all the other threads about Tacx trainers giving problems... I would stay away.

Rather invest in Cycleops or Kickr.

Yep - I've read them all.  And all the stories about wishy washy support from Tacx.  

Truth be told, if I had the money I would have gone with the Hammer as my first choice.

But at around half the price for essentially the same functionality, I could't justify it...

(And to be fair to Tacx, there are also a lot of stories of improved quality over recent months).

No, I agree. They are supposed to be the same USD cost, but if the Direto comes in at R6k - R8k more than the Flux in SA, I probably wouldn't consider it (unless I win money or something)

No, I agree. They are supposed to be the same USD cost, but if the Direto comes in at R6k - R8k more than the Flux in SA, I probably wouldn't consider it (unless I win money or something)

Even if you win money..... for the same price you can have the Hammer or Kickr! It makes absolutely no sense to get the Elite at that price. It will cost you less to buy it online, ship it here and add the VAT.

Archived