Enduro group rides - Western Cape

Meg85

Switchbacks is mandatory on a Tokai mission. Mainly for the mud at the bottom so you look serious in the parking lot after the ride.

damn straight!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some people, the Green route at Conters is technical, for others the Black is not technical enough.

So true.

I remember a guy bragging that he rides everything at Meerendal, he shut up very quickly when I told him that my wife did as well, while she was pregnant. Apparently calling Meerendal perfect for overweight CEOs and pregnant women was offensive. Oops.

So true.

I remember a guy bragging that he rides everything at Meerendal, he shut up very quickly when I told him that my wife did as well, while she was pregnant. Apparently calling Meerendal perfect for overweight CEOs and pregnant women was offensive. Oops.

Isn't that what Meerendal IS for though?

I mean having a sign at the tops of that Dorskberg descent saying for advanced riders only is a complete and utter joke.

Thanks Frikkie. Guess I deserved that. Nope, not looking to do "double black" trails - I think I came across wrong here, my bad. Suppose I should ask before assuming. I did send you a PM.

I'm really just kidding hey, seriously, no hard feelings  ^_^ I didn't think you came across wrong at all, the sad reality is that while I like to tell myself that I'm hardcore-noob level, I still have a lot to learn and only just upgraded to a 29" dual sus Scott Spark two weeks ago from my 26" GT hardtail, which will already tell you pretty much everything you need to know with regards to how and where I ride. I endure the uphill for the sake of the downhill. Our rides are short in distance and fast in pace once we get to the top. Getting to the top, not so much :D But generally I would classify it as Enduro on a good day, Trail on a average day and probably XC on a bad day.

But I digress :D The offer stands, if you want to see if I really own a penny-farthing and a yorkie, I'll let you know when we ride again :) And thanks for the PM, it's a kind gesture. Happy riding! 

Come out to Paarl.  We have 5 rad lines with something of everything and a dedicated DH line that is Trail bike firendly with fairly chilled climbs to the start of each.

Drop me a message and we can show you around.  

+1 on this.

Those dh lines have improved my skills tremendously. 

There's enough features to keep you coming back, or riding the same line multiple times. 

Take Nico up on his offer, or myself. Some okes here on the forum organise shuttle days over weekends - maybe they can make this a group thing, and include some of us locals too sometime??? 

Otherwise, if you're not familiar with these, go ride Jonkershoek and Boschendal. I do these regularly over weekends.

Boschendal has some nice new sections, a lot of flowy berms, but still super fun. 

Edited by stefmeister

+1 on this.

Those dh lines have improved my skills tremendously. 

There's enough features to keep you coming back, or riding the same line multiple times. 

Take Nico up on his offer, or myself. Some okes here on the forum organise shuttle days over weekends. 

Otherwise, if you're not familiar with these, go ride Jonkershoek and Boschendal. I do these regularly over weekends.

Boschendal has some nice new sections, a lot of flowy berms, but still super fun. 

How "ok" are those trails to ride on your own? I tend to do quite a bit of riding solo as most of my mates tend to be more xc/edurance oriented rides, while I've just upgrade to a trail bike (short travel 29er trail bike that is) & I really want to up my skill levels too.

How "ok" are those trails to ride on your own? I tend to do quite a bit of riding solo as most of my mates tend to be more xc/edurance oriented rides, while I've just upgrade to a trail bike (short travel 29er trail bike that is) & I really want to up my skill levels too.

in terms of safety, i.e. unwanted elements of society? Safe.

Solo riding, even on non-technical terrain, is always a risk. **** can always go sideways when you least expect it.

Hello Meg29.

Welcome to Bikehub.

Where we have way more wors than buns.

I'd invite you to our whatsapp group.

But I fear you may be offended by all the pics floating around in there.

Some bikes.

Some memes.

But mostly wors and buns...

Edited by popcorn_skollie

in terms of safety, i.e. unwanted elements of society? Safe.

Solo riding, even on non-technical terrain, is always a risk. **** can always go sideways when you least expect it.

Sh** can, and inevitably does at some stage, but that risk, at least, is mine to make. I usually try stick to trails when there are a few others around, it beats not riding at all!

Haven't been to Tokai in quite a few weeks actually. But the only problem I have with Tokai is okes are not keen to get any mileage in :P

And for some reason it's been hard to convince people to ride to Bridal Path :P

Yeah, I am always looking to ad some mileage, but the guys are lazy. However I dont mind to session sections too

Yeah, I am always looking to ad some mileage, but the guys are lazy. However I dont mind to session sections too

why not both...mileage then session on the way back :D

Hello Meg29.

Welcome to Bikehub.

Where we have way more wors than buns.

I'd invite you to our whatsapp group.

But I fear you may be offended by all the pics floating around in there.

Some bikes.

Some memes.

But mostly wors and buns..

haha, Skollie, im pretty sure I can handle all the wors as long as they don't try and walk all over the bun.

Looking for advice on dropper post: Really interested in getting the Lyne Dropper - have heard all but good things....so far. I have a 30.9 diameter seat post.

Suggestions? Advice?

Lyne 150mm...Can't beat it for half the price of the competition and the performance is far superior (IMHO) to the other cheap options out there.

You'd just need to check whether you can fit a 150mm on your frame.

I can't bring myself to spend 6k on a Reverb or KS...

Lyne 150mm...Can't beat it for half the price of the competition and the performance is far superior (IMHO) to the other cheap options out there.

You'd just need to check whether you can fit a 150mm on your frame.

I can't bring myself to spend 6k on a Reverb or KS...

What's up with the internal or external routing? How do I check if my frame can handle 150mm?