Enduro group rides - Western Cape

Meg85

What's up with the internal or external routing? How do I check if my frame can handle 150mm?

Internal vs. external...if your frame supports internal it should be pretty obvious with some holes in the frame roughly the diameter of brake cable hose.

As for checking...you'll just need to measure how much seatpost sticks out of your frame at present. From the frame (seatpost clamp) to the saddle rails.

Then ask he Lyne guys for the seatpost collar to seatclamp measurement for their posts. It might be on their website actually.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for advice on dropper post: Really interested in getting the Lyne Dropper - have heard all but good things....so far. I have a 30.9 diameter seat post.

Suggestions? Advice?

Lyne all the way. Getting a dropper is one of the best things you can do to a bike. Check few threads and you'll find nothing but good things on the Lyne boys. I've had a 150 internal and now have a 120 internal. They back themselves  the or product with a 2 year warranty (Giant is 1 year and service is shocking), the 1 x trigger is a nice addition, customer service is great and they are a local company who are doing great things by making good kit and looking after their customers. 

Sizing up one of their cranks as well after hearing good things about them as well. 

Lyne all the way. Getting a dropper is one of the best things you can do to a bike. Check few threads and you'll find nothing but good things on the Lyne boys. I've had a 150 internal and now have a 120 internal. They back themselves  the or product with a 2 year warranty (Giant is 1 year and service is shocking), the 1 x trigger is a nice addition, customer service is great and they are a local company who are doing great things by making good kit and looking after their customers. 

Sizing up one of their cranks as well after hearing good things about them as well. 

Agreed, me getting a dropper is now WAY overdue! Cool, thank you for the input - been putting off getting a dropper because of the price but now it is possible with this product :)

I fitted the 1st set of cranks sold and they really are fantastic.. The fantastic Mr Ewald Sadie even made a short video of us installing them in the Jonkers car park.

The compatibility with SRAM spiders is awesome. I turned mine into road cranks for a week while I looked for a replacement set of crank arms.

Being able to run a 28 tooth when loaded with a packpack at EA this year was also super handy.

Go for it. At the current price they really are unbeatable

Looking for advice on dropper post: Really interested in getting the Lyne Dropper - have heard all but good things....so far. I have a 30.9 diameter seat post.

Suggestions? Advice?

I have a Giant Contact Switch dropper post on my Scott Spark which works like a charm. That being said, I've never used any other dropper posts so I don't really have any reference wrt how good it is, but from my experience it works pretty good. Makes a helluva difference over the technical bits.

I have a Giant Contact Switch dropper post on my Scott Spark which works like a charm. That being said, I've never used any other dropper posts so I don't really have any reference wrt how good it is, but from my experience it works pretty good. Makes a helluva difference over the technical bits.

At the moment there seem to be a lot of issues with the Giant droppers (according to one of the big giant sellers in the southern 'burbs). I won't wind out the deets again but I'm on my 3rd warranty one and the customer service as been disgraceful from the local agents. This latest one has got a ton of side to side play that the other ones didn't and apparently 'that's how they are'. If this version goes then I'm not even going to bother to claim, I'm just getting a different one. 

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the enduro races / riding and loving every second of it but im looking for like minded people in the Western Cape area who would like to get together over the weekends or during the week and ride different trails / downhill sections, getting some points on cornering and just generally having a laugh and good time out on the mountain :D

Please drop me a message if you are interested.

Cheers

Megan

Hi Megan, 

I am new to Enduro racing too and struggle to find people to ride with. If you do manage to get a group together, I would be keen to join. 

At the moment there seem to be a lot of issues with the Giant droppers (according to one of the big giant sellers in the southern 'burbs). I won't wind out the deets again but I'm on my 3rd warranty one and the customer service as been disgraceful from the local agents. This latest one has got a ton of side to side play that the other ones didn't and apparently 'that's how they are'. If this version goes then I'm not even going to bother to claim, I'm just getting a different one. 

I have one with no real issues, but my mate has had two replacements already.

Hi Megan, 

I am new to Enduro racing too and struggle to find people to ride with. If you do manage to get a group together, I would be keen to join. 

Kent send me a PM with your number, welcome to join :)

Yes I must say thankfully mine is holding up pretty well. The saddle has got an ever so slight play on top, but it's like 0.5mm and doesn't affect my riding at all. The benefits far outweigh that little bit of play on mine. But thanks for the headsup! Now I'll be paranoid every time I go riding lol :D

• 4 weeks later...

You are more than welcome to join us for Stellenbosch and Helderberg rides. Helped my Enduro skills a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys..

I'm a spanish rider traveling to CT next sumer to do some kitesurf in what is considered one of the best spots in the world. But for those days "the doctor" is not blowing I want to know some good mtb rides around. I'm not bringing my bike (I use to ride a SC Bronson) so I'll have to rent it.

I'd you to recomend me the best rides in the area. I'd like some singletracks (up & down) flowy if its possible, not super technical or rocky. And maybe I'd join you some day to ride.

Thanks (and sorry for my english  :whistling: )

Hi guys..

I'm a spanish rider traveling to CT next sumer to do some kitesurf in what is considered one of the best spots in the world. But for those days "the doctor" is not blowing I want to know some good mtb rides around. I'm not bringing my bike (I use to ride a SC Bronson) so I'll have to rent it.

I'd you to recomend me the best rides in the area. I'd like some singletracks (up & down) flowy if its possible, not super technical or rocky. And maybe I'd join you some day to ride.

Thanks (and sorry for my english :whistling: )

We are spoilt for choice in the Western Cape with mtb trails. Check out Ride Inn in Stellenbosch for bike hire.

These are the trails I'd recommend based on what you're looking for:

Stellenbosch:

Muratie wine farm (fun and flowy)

Jonkershoek Nature Reserve (lots of different trails for different levels. Tough climbs, but rewarded with fun downs)

Eden, G spot and Mont Marie (fun and flowy with optional jumps etc) check out the Stellenbosch Trail Fund website.

Somerset West:

Helderberg trails (different trails for different levels. Challenging but fun)

Grabouw:

Paul Cluver (fun and flowy)

Oak Valley (fun and flowy)

Paarl and Wellington:

Rhebokskloof (challenging and fun)

Welvanpas (challenging and fun)

If you do the Garden Route (coastal trip towards Knysna), I highly recommend the Garden Route Trail Park.

For what you're looking for, I think first choice would be Murati, Paul Cluver, Oak Valley and Garden Route Trail Park.

I don't know the trails closer to Cape Town city, but sure other peeps can help you with those :)

Feel free to shout when you're here. We've always got a fun ride planned :)

Hi guys..

Thanks (and sorry for my english  :whistling: )

Hire a bike from Ride inn cafe Stellenbosch...Jonkershoek http://www.ridein.co.za/

They mainly do Spez Epics and few other...good food and beer after your ride.

http://www.irideafrica.com/portfolio/jonkershoek-mtb-map-4/

or inbox me for my number and you can join me during the week or weekends for possible rides around Stellenbosch area

Archived