Carbon toddlers bike

Any progress/feedback on this? My boy is 5 1/2 and loves his balance bike but refuses to ride the 16" pedal bike. He is of the lighter built okes on the playground and just can't get the pedal bike going and doesn't have confidence on it because it is so heavy. I weighed it with a luggage scale and the bike weighs around 11kg. Bike to bodyweight ratio, that's like me cycling on a 55kg bicycle.

Just wondering if a lighter bike might help?

Edit: Not considering a carbon bike though

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get your kid a racing BMX. Long wheelbase, 20" wheels and my kid has been on his micro since the age of 3.

post-42431-0-21665800-1501748893_thumb.jpeg

The FreeAgent Speedway Micro standard is about R5500

The carbon fork R4500

Twins are nearly 8 months

Any cool tandems ? :w00t:

You need more than a tandem, unless you get 2 and the wife captains the other one.

Or you need something like my toppie made so he had both me and my boet do the Argus with him.

post-58906-0-60314400-1501749837_thumb.jpg

You need more than a tandem, unless you get 2 and the wife captains the other one.

Or you need something like my toppie made so he had both me and my boet do the Argus with him.

attachicon.gifTridem.jpg

No for them  :clap: , they need to be riding on their own

attachicon.gifTridem.jpg

How cool is that! Guy in the back not very excited? :thumbup:

How cool is that! Guy in the back not very excited? :thumbup:

LOL that's my little brother. Was only 6. He was probably unhappy because we made him do all the work :whistling:

post-86802-0-75597900-1501755350_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the bad photo-from the Argus fred still...

• 8 months later...

attachicon.gifTridem.jp

this explains all those argusses you've done now!!!

Archived