[Event] Bestmed Cycle4Cansa Road Championship

PRFullstop

Do you think there is any way that you can get your number on Sunday morning?

I picked mine up last year on the morning of the race and planning to do the same again on Sunday. 

Yes N4 to Rustenburg still closed due to Protest Action.

Eish not good news. Is there a possibility of cancelling the race due to these protests?

Did the 103km yesterday starting from BL. Happy with my time as it was an improvement from 2016 despite serious lack of training and a never ending head wind.

the last 20km were on the smoothest piece of road ever.

i kinda got the feeling there was less of a vibe to this event than in previous years.

any other hubbers care to share their thoughts.

I cant seem to get "give me chocolates" out of my head. ????

Started in BL as well but I couldn't keep up with pace and I got dropped, I think it must have been around 35km or so. There was a big yellow speed hump that almost caused me to crush. Overall it was a good race except for 1 "give me choc" almost ran in front of a bike.

Hi all

Are the results of this race posted somewhere I cannot find them. Also the Jetline photos also seem to be taking an age to  be made available 

Started in EL, formed up with some of the DL guys and pushed through.  I lost my bearings with about 30km and formed up with some guys to the end. Managed a better time than last year, so I should be happy with that.

For the rest, I am happy with the marshaling but all the kids shouting for chocolates is just a nuisance.  I have to agree, the event feels a bit lackluster compared to previous years and then I feel that ASG is going crazy with the prices. R450 for a late entry, where I got a terrible quality medal (doesn't really mean anything, but compared to last year...) and some coke at the end.  Yes they do put a lot of effort into the race organising.

But compare this to the Race for Victory where you get for a R100 less, a shirt (loved last year's), socks (not quality I know) and your pick of what ever you want post race. With a good vibe.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Roul