Please help a preemie

2bliss

Another stable night, another step towards healing. During her last physio session yesterday, a lot of mucous was cleared. (Please tell me if these updates are too graphical!) They proceed with caution, because the physio does cause her to desaturate and requires increasing oxygen flow. Because she is intubated for the ventilator, they can at least suction her larger airways. It must feel horrible! The nursing staff had to suction her intermittently throughout the night and the physiotherapist will be back this morning.

EDIT:Oh, forgot to mention that she is still on the oscillator as well.

Edited by 2bliss

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU Luis !

After seeing this thread the dude, with zero posts, just offered the bike for free.

I am trying to bully him to let me pay but he doesnt want the money. Oh well - will just have to buy more biltong and chocolates for Mom and Dad. And maybe a small something furry for little person.

THANK YOU Luis !

After seeing this thread the dude, with zero posts, just offered the bike for free.

No way! Luis, you are an angel. Thank you. These two tiny words are so inadequate to express the gratitude in our hearts.

All of you are absolute superstars!

Where is the love button for bikehub?

THANK YOU Luis !

I am trying to bully him to let me pay but he doesnt want the money. Oh well - will just have to buy more biltong and chocolates for Mom and Dad. And maybe a small something furry for little person.

Where is the love button for bikehub?

Indeed, fanievb.  Some posts just deserve way more than a mere "Like" :)

Anyway, here goes with the afternoon update:  Karmi is doing well, all things considered.  The paediatric pulmonologist has been pushing the physiotherapist to be a bit more aggressive in treatment and suctioning.  If you are squeamish don't read the small text:  A lot of mucous and hard bits are coming out now.   Her sats are in the 90s with the aid of ventilator and oscillator.  Blood pressure normal with the help of meds.  She is also receiving something for her heart and a number of antibiotics.  She will have to stay on the oscillator until her saturation stabilises - it goes up and down quite a bit still.  Overall, the doc is positive and says Karmi is doing well.  Tough little Bunny!

Bunny is much the same as yesterday, except for slightly elevated blood pressure. Apparently it isn't bad enough to worry about.

Mum is out of leave and is returning to work tomorrow :( :( :( Imagine having to work with your baby in PICU! Anyway, they'll drive there straight after work every day. It means updates once a day from now on.

Take a bow Sir, thank you !

When the "old" owner gets the details of collection to me I will pass on. Which is easier Sandton or Boksburg ?

Andrew, what do you need from us to have a size extra small (aka 2yr old) unicorn kit ready ?

Its ready and here with me... will chat with V12 about meeting up  :thumbup:

post-3544-0-21968600-1538388443_thumb.jpg