They tried to kill my friend!

Marius

So what happened this weekend!? Well, I had a really hard Crit Road Race Saturday and a even more Sunning ride at Jonkers the Sunday. But what happened between these to events were to put it bluntly ?F*CKED UP?!!!>:-/<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

After a really hectic Crit Race me and Tania invited Renaldo back to our flat for some refreshments including freshly made waffles with ice cream and honey, anyways, getting sided tracked. The Crit was held in Durbanville and Renaldo had come thru from Stellenbosch on his Road bike with Petrol being so expensive he thought he?d save a few bucks and get in a nice little warm up in one clean swoop.!

So after the he had his waffles and talked out heads of out shoulders he headed home no before showing us all his sweep and bright looking lights all over his bike and even on Mars 3 on his Camelback. Now the Crit only finished for the SV at 4 and and so after eating and chatting to us it was already dark when he left us just after I?d say 6:30.

So what happened next, me and Tania had a quick bath and headed over to her mothers house for a braai. Not even 15mins getting to her moms place my Cell Rings.. It was Renaldo with Fear in his voice:? Marius, you would not believe what just happened, I?m lying in the grass next to the road, please come fetch me, some one knocked me off my bike on purpose and is trying to kill me!? ? Man, that sent a combination of fear and anger thru my body and we raced to the scene.

It was on the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />

Bottelary Road
, just about 5km before the turn off to Stellenbosch. All in all Renaldo phoned a few times asking how far we were cuz he was fearing for his life, he told me he does not even know if he broke anything as he was to scared to move. I told him I?ll put my Hazards on as we got close and he could come out of the bushes.

There we saw him, all shaken up , he said seeing our Hazard lights was the best thing he?s ever seen in his life. Me and Tania wanted to know what happened precisely cuz up until now we just got bits and pieces of information. He opened my back door and wanted to get in, I was confused, ?were is your bike? I asked him, ?I?ll put it on for you?.

?The f**ker took it? ? Renaldo replied.

Renaldo?s story. I was riding nearly on the edge of the road, I saw from the corner of my eye a White Open Kaddet coming into the yellow line close to me, ?I looked into the man?s eyes and could see he wanted to kill me. I drove into me, sending me flying over my handlebars into the gravel and grass on the side of the road. He stopped, Got out with a Panga and come for me. I run into the bushed, thou wired fences I don?t know what else, I just wanted to get away.

The guy then loaded my bike into the car and drove off..I laid in the grass till now, afraid he might come back to me.

So we took him home, he wanted to shower and then head to the police station, I told him rather go no with torn cloughs and blood spatters. He went later, he waited for about 2-3hours before being helped and then only to be pushed a side while being helped cuz a Kentucky in Stellenbosch as been rocked with me wielding AK 47?s.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is beyond F'd up, Hope he is ok. What type of bike was it, so we can keep a look out.

That is TERRIBLE!!! I'm always so worried in the short bit I have to ride from where the club meets to home - I can't imagine how scared your friend must have felt.  Is he ok?

Sorry to hear about Renaldo,Marius. It seems that crime is becoming the national sport in this country.The sad thing is had he been armed and used it to protect himself he would have been locked up.Angry

1 word..... AAAAAARRRRGH!!! So much ANGER!!!

And I've just posted in another thread that we have to take responsibility for some accidents due to some of us skipping reds and getting hit.

Now this BLATANT disregard from a motorist for a fellow road-user's life. What was Renaldo doing to deserve it? CYCLING HOME = Absolutely nothing at all!

Please give him my condolences... did he at least get a reg number? (i know it would've been next to impossible to though, but one can hope)

Is he at least covered? and not injured (too badly)?

AAARgh!!!

Marius, dis aaklig. Ek kan dit nie glo nie!!!  Flippit hulle moes die waarde van daai stunning BMC geken het.  EK hoop Renaldo kan gou weer iemand vertrou.  Aaklig, aaklig!

h.ly sh.t!!!!! thank goodness he is alive. i hope any injuries he has heal up fast.

i truly hope with every iota of my being that the fkingc.ck sucking w.nker f.ckwit who did this rolls his car and lies suffering for hours and suffers injuries that will cripple him and that he (it) suffers for ever more!

h.ly sh.t!!!!! thank goodness he is alive. i hope any injuries he has heal up fast.

i truly hope with every iota of my being that the fkingc.ck sucking w.nker f.ckwit who did this rolls his car and lies suffering for hours and suffers injuries that will cripple him and that he (it) suffers for ever more!

Well said slowpoke. Clap

I knew there was a reason I don't smaak Opel drivers... now I know it's more than just because I drive VW!!!

This sucks, but is now popping up everywhere. A friend told me that in Pta on the harties toll road they also shot at cyclists a while back.

Like everything in this country crime keeps getting worse and more blatant.

Well said slowpoke. Clap

I knew there was a reason I don't smaak Opel drivers... now I know it's more than just because I drive VW!!!

Not all Opel drivers are assholes!!!!!Angry

Well said slowpoke. Clap

Not all Opel drivers are assholes!!!!!Angry

LOL!!! yeah, i know. But you can't blame me for the generalization in this instance...

Thx Guys, I'll ffrd the link to him so he can read all the well wishes. Renaldo is doing ok, as ok as he can be after such a thing happens to you. We took Renaldo to Jonkers yesterday, he's knee is slighly sore but other wise he is doing amazingly well. Except if had a bit trouble sleeping the night beofre, but that can be expencted.

His Bike was insured for R50k luckely but he's going to have to wait some time again before CWC had stock. Chris, if you read this please give Renaldo extra special service!

Sorry to hear about this Marius. Hope Renaldo is doing better !!

This type of incident just adds a little more weight to the scale in favour of the "leave" side. The "stay" side is starting to get a little light !!!